Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your Rewards!

Ok, in a "Gibson-like" move to keep things lively in here - let's share how we plan to reward ourselves for meeting weight loss goals. I'm eager for ideas. When I shared mine with my surgeon yesterday, he told me I'd be surprised how many people actually tell him they plan on going to a certain restaurant when they hit a goal. Yep - color me surprised - doesn't that defeat the point! :crying:

So, non-food rewards friends....let's see them. Here's mine.

30 lbs lost - Pedicure (it still looks good too - polish hasn't even chipped yet)

50 lbs lost - 30 minute massage (9 lbs to go...come on baby, momma needs that massage)

I used to have a list of these from one of the many times I tried to lose. I can't remember what all I had on there, but I remember one of them was buying all new underwear!

And, don't discount the food rewards... my neighbor and I did WW and decided we'd go out for peanut buster parfaits once we both hit 10%. Probably not a good idea to eat one of those, but we WERE eating 3 a week. So, our "agreement" kept us away from DQ for months. LOL

What a neat thread.

I am going to run a 5k in my hometown when I reach my goal. My sister always runs and usually wins. My goal is to at least keep up with her and hopefully beat her. In three years we will both be in the same age category. That will be my year. I may try walking one next year just to get the feel for the route. It would be kind of neat to win the 5K walk too.

I think I'll go get that massage when I am down 30 too. It sounds like a good idea.

Good luck everyone.

I get a pedicure every month. Does that make me a bad person? :tongue:

Of course it doesn't. In the summer time I get one every two weeks. We have to be good to ourselves.:tt2:

I never thought about a reward - I guess I was thinking the loss of weight, new found energy and overall well being was reward enough. Now ya got me thinking - haha! Maybe I'll reward myself with that little black dress we all would love to have and look good in. YEAH! That's it. I'll get a cute little black dress. Now I just have to figure out if I get that when I reach my goal weight or when I hit a milestone, like 1/2 my goal weight. Something to think about, I guess.

By the way - everyone who has a ticker with weight loss - is that from the date of being banded or the start of the pre-op? I posted since the date of being banded.

Good Luck everyone! :tongue: We can all do it!

Lovely rewards! I like them all. A pedicure every 2 weeks. Hmmmm... now that is something to think about. I guess I'm hoping that as I continue to lose weight, reaching my own toes won't make me look like a fat girl trying to do yoga. In this case, I may be able to do my own pedi's!

And I thought of 2 more. Once I reach a 50 lb loss, I'm posting before and after pictures up there at the front of the forum. (not really a reward - but a committment). And in a nod to Miss Angie - when I hit 50 lbs. gone, I will march myself to Joe's Crab Shack, order a pound of King Crab Legs (no bread or taters, thank you) and eat 'em up.

I had to look for something other than my old standby clothes for church yesterday. They were just too baggy. I started trying on clothes from the back of my closet. Two dresses that my SIL gave me when she lost weight (never have fit but too nice to throw out) are almost there. Probably another ten pounds and they will fit. The suit I bought about five years ago is about 5 lbs from fitting. The dress I bought seven years ago for a freind's wedding fit perfectly. I'm sure glad I hung onto them.

I actually started looking at bathing suits for our vacation. I usually hide from anything related to a bathing suit.

I love this band.

OK - Here's what I'm planning for rewards. I'm marking mine from my weight when I started the pre-op diet (241), not my highest (253):

10 lbs - manicure - DONE!!!

20 lbs - manicure and pedicure - SOON

30 lbs - new haircut (right now it is REALLY long, and I'm going to chop it to chin/shoulder length and donate it to Locks of Love).

50 lbs - shopping spree - hoping to just use clothes in my closet until then and really go all out. Hope to save $500 by then and really indulge.

I need to eventually get down 80 - 100 lbs, but I haven't figured out the other rewards yet - hard to believe I'll make it that far when I haven't had success with other attempts. But...I'm still trying to believe.

Anna

Actually, this was a goal I set for my self last time I started "really" dieting. My goal was to be at goal by June 2008. Obviously, that didn't happen! So now I am thinking I want to go to WDW for Christmas this year! And since that is 10 months away, I am hoping that (at minimum) I could be at least 80 lbs. lighter by then, which would put me at 156ish. Not my big goal, but it will still be 100 lbs. lighter than I was during my last WDW trip this past Thanksgiving!

Well besides the shopping for new clothes rewards, I have 3 more that I want to do.

1. Take a bellydancing class!!!

2. Having a retro pin-up style photo done for my husband. He's a hotrod car guy...he'll love this one!!

3. Go on a cruise....somewhere tropical.....so I can wear a bathing suit and be on a beach drinking something fruity with a little umbrella in it....and maybe some rum!!!

I'm crazy like that!

OMG I love the pin up idea! I actually have some links for those. My husband loves pin-ups. Harley has pin-ups on all their shirts now and he collects them. The pin-up idea is perfect!

Thanks for reminding me!

I haven't thought of any rewards but now you've all motivated me to work on some. Thanks for this thread!

I would give my eye teeth to go to DisneyWorld with allykat at Christmas, though!!!

I would give my eye teeth to go to DisneyWorld with allykat at Christmas, though!!!

You might want to offer her something different, I'm not sure your eye teeth are really an adequate offering. :angry_smile: