Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rated PG-13

How long after surgery did you resume "relations" with your spouse/partner? My doc didn't put any limitations on me. He said..."As soon as you feel like it!"

:Bunny Welllll......

How about some real life answers?

How long you been banded again? You do know there are other positions that won't hurt the incisions? Sorry guys but no other way to say that. :) I would just take it easy and not try to make the earth move the first time. I think it was a good month before I felt like it but there are most likely others that "felt" like it sooner. I had some other problems too though with port issues so that was my deal.

I've been in enough trouble today I ain't touching that one!!! LOL!!!!!

Okay, gonna be a wierd question, but someone has to ask it.... what about oral gratifications? (and is there any issues for the bandsters on that one?)

There's nothing wrong with sex right after surgery, just take it easy and let hubby do all the work for awhile. Save the wild stuff for when you lose weight and he won't stop chasing you.

Princess, the modertors will be meeting soon to decide whether this is a suitable forum for discussing oral sex. But until then, your gag reflexes might be a little sensitive, so just go slow until you are sure.

MY LBT DISCLAIMER: Okay all.... this is your warning... the contents below are a serious question about adult sexual behavior and is in no way meant to offend anyone... if you do not care about the answer to the following question, just move on to another thread please now!

ok....... to put it bluntly.... i thought that any digestion of any substance would be a no no? (i really really dont mean to sound gross but hey, it is a fact of life and whatever people choose to do in sex is their business) so THAT is what I mean by any "problems with oral" (ie swallowing issues)...... I know this is a rough and sensitive topic and I am in NO WAY meaning to be crude. I am truly honestly and sincerely wanting to know the answer.

Frankly, I don't think that would be a time to PB anything, do you? Soooooo, if anyone is brave enough (and will handle this question with maturity) to answer this question you can post here (because I am sure others wonder but don't ask) or PM me the answer. I am not afraid to admit I am an adult and do practice sex with my husband and may not follow all the "rules" you may.

Please please please treat this with respect and kindness as I am being brave enough to actually ask it.

Thank you in advance

Well, how soon after banding are you talking about? Most of us can only take small sips at a time of any liquid for a few days before actually drinking. I was able to drink liquids pretty freely after a couple days. Treat all liquids the same, slow sips in the beginning until you are sure they flow through your band without coming back up.

Keep in mind that some Bands get really tight (especially after a fill.) One of my friends can't even drink milk till after lunch or she'll spit the milk back up.

It's all individual, and you'll figure it out as you go along. Don't take it all at once untill you are sure.

As far as the substance, I guess I'd consider that a thick liquid, but ask your doctor if that's one that could be considered clear. They usually allow thick liquids in the 2nd week. Have fun!

As with any physical activity, the way you feel should be your guide. There are no restrictions whatever on sexual activity post-banding. If it feels good, do it! :)

OK my response here is strictly meant as informative not to offend anyone. If it might then don't read any further. You have been warned. LOL!!

Considering the capacity of your pouch is anywhere from 10cc to 30cc after surgery, I would consider the end result of fellatio to be dangerous for an episode of PB. As I have never actually measured what was expelled at one time I would be concerned it might fill the pouch to capacity. Although it could be considered part of your Protein intake I would still be careful in that respect. I have heard this has been dispelled as a myth and that it carries no nutritional value. Someone have any current info to add?

And Lisa, I think it would be considered a thick liquid which could also hamper the passage of the liquid.

OK I grossed myself out.

Dare I?? Hmm.. I have read somewhere (in medical literature, of course) that the 'end result' is usually no more than a teaspoon volume, so it seems safe to me. Your mileage may vary.. as it were.

Lots of people think it's full of Protein, but I recently learned it's all a myth. Sure, there's a little Protein, but there's also the dreaded SUGAR (another excuse to tell hubby to get lost.) Here's something from the experts:

Dear Experts, I want to know if swallowing sperm makes you fat. I heard that it is 100% protien and 50 calories per squirt, is that true? Anon37

Dear Anon37, No. But before we talk calories, let's clear up the difference between sperm and semen. Semen — also known as ejaculate — is the Fluid containing sperm that is ejaculated during sexual excitement. It is composed of seminal Fluid from the seminal vesicles, fluid from the prostate, fluid from the Cowper's gland, and sperm. Sperm move from the testicles to the seminal vesicles through tubes called the vas deferens. In the seminal vesicles, they mix with other fluids to form semen.

A tablespoon of semen contains approximately six calories. Semen does contain protein, but it also contains all kinds of chemicals and minerals, including Water, sugar, Calcium, chlorine, magnesium, nitrogen, Vitamin B12, and zinc.

But it does not contain enough of any of these things to be considered "nutritious."

Hope this information helps!