Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seventy or more????

I am a healthy, active 70 and had the lapband on 12 Oct 2007. Not losing any weight, had my first fill Dec 10th. Anybody out there? Need someone to talk to.

:confused:ekgray

I'm 67, that's not far from 70 and I got my band in Oct 07 too. I would love to talk to you. Where are you from? Male or female? Any hobbies? Any pets? Let me know. I come here every day and I will go under the 70s to find you.

I'm 67, that's not far from 70 and I got my band in Oct 07 too. I would love to talk to you. Where are you from? Male or female? Any hobbies? Any pets? Let me know. I come here every day and I will go under the 70s to find you.

Boy o boy, another almost seventy. My surgery was Oct 12th by Dr Jan at Legacy Good Sam Hospital in Portland, Oregon. I am a grandma of 6, great grandma of 1, married 52 years to the same man (amazing) have 5 children. Born in Los Angeles, married at 18, right after graduation, to Sailor from Selma, Alabama. Moved to Alabama and lived there for 10 years. Then transfered to Sacramento, Ca, where we lived until 1987 when we both retired. Traveled for 13 years in an RV. Settled in Gulf Shores, Alabama from 2000 until 2005. Moved to Oregon when the hurricanes destroyed our home. No hurricanes, tornados, or breath taking humidity here. Hobbies are photography, politics, would love to learn to paint. We have a cat, 10 years old named Miss Priss, and she rules the household.

Nice to meet you. Tell me more about you.

How do you get all that fancy stuff at your name?

Hi EK, Well lets see, I had 6 kids. Lost my oldest son 2 years ago and gained about 40 # since then. I have 12 grandchildren and a new little great granddaughter. I also have a little dog, Sophie who is my avator. I was married 37 years to an alcoholic and divorced him because he was getting mean. I now live with my daughter and son-in-law and 2 boys 9 and 10. Also their dog and 2 cats. Never a dull moment here. I'm an RN and still work one day a week. I really envy your time in the RV. That use to be my dream but now have to settle for week ends. At least there are lots of great campgrounds around here. Guess thats enough about me.......oh the fancy stuff....click on my ticker and you will get to the site where you can make your own. There are better instructions on the home page of LBT that tells you how to do a lot of stuff. Good luck with that. Do you have a name:)

Hi EK, Well lets see, I had 6 kids. Lost my oldest son 2 years ago and gained about 40 # since then. I have 12 grandchildren and a new little great granddaughter. I also have a little dog, Sophie who is my avator. I was married 37 years to an alcoholic and divorced him because he was getting mean. I now live with my daughter and son-in-law and 2 boys 9 and 10. Also their dog and 2 cats. Never a dull moment here. I'm an RN and still work one day a week. I really envy your time in the RV. That use to be my dream but now have to settle for week ends. At least there are lots of great campgrounds around here. Guess thats enough about me.......oh the fancy stuff....click on my ticker and you will get to the site where you can make your own. There are better instructions on the home page of LBT that tells you how to do a lot of stuff. Good luck with that. Do you have a name:)

My name is Kathy.

I am so sorry about your oldest son. There is nothing worse than losing a child. No wonder you gained weight. You talk about close campgrounds.....where do you live? Will try to get some cool fancy stuff.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I live in Baraboo, Wi which is very near Wi Dells and about 40 miles north of Madison. Wi Dells is tourist land here in Wi so we avoid it if we can in the summer and head for some other places in Wi. I'm doing weight watchers with my daughter this week since I have no restriction. Tue I get my 3rd fill and hopefully that will do the trick. ww actually works well for me but I gain it back if I don't stick right to it.

It sounds like you have had an interesting life. Mine has been pretty dull in comparision. I was born and raised in this area and haven't done much traveling. I have a daughter in NY so I've been there quit a bit.

To make that ticker, click on the ticker address above my ticker, not on my ticker itself like I said before. Good luck. Sharon

Hi Kathy,

I live in Baraboo, Wi which is very near Wi Dells and about 40 miles north of Madison. Wi Dells is tourist land here in Wi so we avoid it if we can in the summer and head for some other places in Wi. I'm doing weight watchers with my daughter this week since I have no restriction. Tue I get my 3rd fill and hopefully that will do the trick. ww actually works well for me but I gain it back if I don't stick right to it.

It sounds like you have had an interesting life. Mine has been pretty dull in comparision. I was born and raised in this area and haven't done much traveling. I have a daughter in NY so I've been there quit a bit.

To make that ticker, click on the ticker address above my ticker, not on my ticker itself like I said before. Good luck. Sharon

Hi again, we know Wisconsin pretty well. We spent several weeks in the area and of course went to Wi Dells (very unusual place) also House on the Rocks. I really like the geology you find in different parts of the country. I would also like to see NY City as we avoided it in our travels as my husband wanted nothing to do with that traffic. I may also do ww. Getting pretty disgusted with myself. Will tell my Doctor to just go ahead and close it as much as possible and let 's see what happens. I am getting desperate. My kids all supported my surgery and encouraged me by beginning to call me the incredible shrinking woman. I don't want to face them.

I live in Oregon now and they have some great campgrounds here also, but we do not have the RV anymore. I got really tired of only 1 bathroom, and no washer and dryer. Thanks for the info on the ticker......I will try it. Kathy

Good morning Kathy, I pretty well blew it last eve. We ordered delivery pizzza and I had 2 big pieces and 3 cinnamon sticks. I'm afraid to go to "the daily plate" and add it up. I just started to keep track and it does make me think before things go in my mouth. Sometimes they get in there anyway.:redface:

Good morning Kathy, I pretty well blew it last eve. We ordered delivery pizzza and I had 2 big pieces and 3 cinnamon sticks. I'm afraid to go to "the daily plate" and add it up. I just started to keep track and it does make me think before things go in my mouth. Sometimes they get in there anyway.:rolleyes2:

Boy, are we alike.....I did the same thing only it was french fries (large size). Then last night before I went to bed I ate 2 hamburger patties. What is the daily plate? I'm not sure I really want to know, but I'll ask anyway. Maybe our problem is the cold weather...trying to do better today. Kathy

There are a bunch of places on the web to track calories. A lot of people use "fitday". I use "daily plate". I can't think of other names right now but if you google calorie counteror calorie some should come up (if you are interested in keeping track.) I got some pork chop stuck at lunch and now I can't eat anything for awhile. Serves me right.

My mom was 74 when she was banded, almost three years ago. She's lost 45 lbs and is doing well with her band. She had a set back a year and a half ago, had to be unfilled, then start from scratch due to esophagus problems.

:youcandothis:Wow, 74. I wonder what the oldest age is. Maybe she set a record. Well all I can say is GOOD FOR HER!

Hello All,

I'm new to this thread. Thank you Sharon. I was 69 when I was banded in October '07. Had some difficulties with clots, so just had my 1st fill on Valentine's Day. It seems to be working most days, but today, for some reason, I could eat everything in the house. Oh well.

I'm relieved to see that I'm NOT the oldest bandster.

I work out at our local pool at least 3 x week, but I just started that last month. Up until then, I just didn't have the strength nor stamina.

Something about me: married almost 50 yrs to my junior high school/high school pal. 4 adult (sometimes) kids, 6 "grands" ranging in age from 24 to 11-yr-old twins. no "greats" yet. The 24-yr old lives in NYC doing graduate work of some type for film. His sister is attending EMT classes in Ann Arbor, MI and working. The next two are also college students, one a Junior at SUNY Geneseo, also studying film production, although after graduation, she'll take some night classes for physics (go figure). She wants to be an astrophysicist, but found that taking those classes was too much in a chunk. Her sister goes to Case Western Reserve in Cleveland, Ohio. She's studying engineering. The twins are 5th graders.

We live in Michigan, have a log cabin in the Upper Peninsula which we don't get to enough. I'M A PACKER-BACKER, which causes all kinds of problems, since we live in a suburb of Detroit.

That's it. I'll check this t hread often, now.

Julia

Hi Everyone,

I am scheduled for my surgery May 13th. I will be 75 August 16th. I am excited! About surgery and being 75! I would love support and any encouragement you might give. I feel so right about this and that this is the tool I have been looking for. I am so looking forward to getting off diabetes medicine, high blood pressure medicine and high cholesterole medicine. I think that will be such an improvement in my health that the weight loss will be icing on the cake - whoops! scratch that.

Thanks for all the postings you have already done. I live in Dallas, Texas.

Love and Light,

Jan