Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in tears now!!!

Penni60

I have sorta been in a slump with weight loss lately. On a long long plateau which is normal all you newbies out there. Expect a plateaus from time to time they suck but know they do happen. Anyway, some of you know (DELARLA) that I have hired a personal trainer to come and help me tone certain areas. She has been coming to the house for about 3 weeks now. I didn't think it was working other than making my abs really sore. But I did my monthly measurements just now.

Since I was banded here are my results:

Breasts 50 pre - 43 TODAY = 7 inches lost

Waist 48 pre - 40 TODAY = 8 inches lost

Hips 54 pre - 49 TODAY = 5 inches lost

Thighs 31 pre - 26.5 TODAY = 4.5 inches lost (one thigh)

Calf 21 pre - 18 TODAY = 3 inches lost (one calf)

Upper arm 21 pre - 17 TODAY = 4 inches lost (one arm)

Total lost to date from surgery = 31.5 inches HOORAY!!

Total lost from the 3 week training session 6.5 inches DOUBLE HOORAY!!!!

SO yes the tears do floweth plentiuth hereth.

LOL!!!!:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

WOOHOOO !!! Way to go Penni Those inches count and you are doing wonderful. Please just cry happy tears cause you should be proud of those pounds and inches!! Way to go girl!!!

Congratulations Penny! Keep up the good work...By the way..I am thinking of getting a personal trainer to come to my house...can you tell me about how much they cost and what you get?

Thanks

Mine is pretty inexpensive actually. She charges me $80 a week. She does aerobics, toning, yoga, pilates, free weights, etc. She begins the 1 hour session with stretching then cardio/aerobics with and without free weights then progresses to the toning and whatever else WE decide to do in the remaining time. Then about 5 min of cool down. She also happens to be a good friend of mine so we laugh alot along with the session. With others you can get more specific with what you want. It is IMPORTANT that you find a trainer that listens to you and gives you clear idea of what would be realistic and attainable for you. The trainer should push you but not to the point of being like a drill instructor. After all YOU are paying them to get you in shape. THEY work for you and if you don't feel comfortable with them then keep looking. My trainer, Andrea, has been in exercise business for 20 years, experienced in Pilates, Yoga, and is a certified reflexologist. Just ask for credentials and get some personal recommendations from either current or past clients. That was probably more info than you wanted but get your monies worth is important. If you are gonna sweat then get some benefit out of it.

Happy sweating and losing and shrinking.

Congratulations Penny! Keep up the good work...By the way..I am thinking of getting a personal trainer to come to my house...can you tell me about how much they cost and what you get?

Thanks

Mike was at a plateau too Penni, and he (and my Spudboy) been working with a trainier for about 3 weeks too. I know he didn't get a measurement before starting. (I don't know of any soft tape measure-er that is long enough...) He's broken his plateau too!

Penni, that's fantastic! It was so wise of you to take your measurements pre-band. And good for you for getting a trainer. Way to go!

Nancy

Penni, it's very inspiring to hear about your inches lost. Thanks for sharing it with us and continue doing what you're doing (smile).

Penni!!! That is awesome!!! Every inch DOES count!! Just ask the guys!!! :D Take that any way you want!!! LOL Hope I don't get into trouble for that one! But then my middle name is TROUBLE! Way to go!!!

Nancy* :Bunny

Penni,

Stick with what you are doing. I have had plateaus ( been on one for months now) , but someone will see me who hasnt seen me in amonth or two and say, "Wow, you look a lot thinner". The only thing it could be is the exercise. You are compacting!!!

Babs in TX

334/184/170

Wow - well done Penni! That's fantastic - I was getting fed up on my plateau too, and did my measurements - I did them the night before surgery and had never re-done them - I had lost 35" overall!! I couldn't believe it! The scales are harsh sometimes - hard to remember they aren't the only measument of weight loss

I'm so happy for you Penni xx