Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBandTalk CHAT

Chat room technical issue???

One night, it said that there were 32 people in the LBT lounge, when I went to chat, no one was there. It happened again last night.

Right now... it says there are 70 people using the chat rooms and it has my screen name listed as one of them, only I am not logged into the chat room.

I think there may be a technical issue or something....

Hi Shesha,

It looks to me like what's showing as chat room participation is actually the roster of who's online at the time and which section of the board they're viewing. I'll try to find out what's going on.

That's interesting. I have been trying to but noone is there. Like you said it must be having technical issues. Is there someone that we should report it to.

Hi could someone please tell me why when I go to the chat room icon and click on it to open it I get this box that says ~ adobe player 9 is reading a movie script and If you continue to have your computer to run this it will become very slow or unresponsive. I don't get what the problem is, I don't have a file on my computer that is called a adobe player 9?? Thanks for helping, I really miss the chat room

Minnesotalady:angry

I have never see any one in the chat room either, and I have checked so many times. I never go there anymore. It would be nice to chat with members in real time.

This is a feature the website could use.

My suggestion is every Tuesday, or Wednesday or Thursday...whatever, have a meeting. We could use the chat feature to loggin and have a support meeting with a featured topic.

Another idea is to just have it there so folks could go into the chat room and talk.

I think it should have a catchy name like coffee Talk. (yeah I love the old SNL)

That's my first idea.

Patty

One of the items at the top of my TODO list is a better chat system. I'd love to know what our members are looking for exactly.

Greetings all! I just came back from a walk with my dog and I'm SWEATING (see new thread I just started)

There are "netiquette" forms for chatrooms. Establishing the netiquette for Lapband may help but there will always be cross talk.

What I see as being a successful model is having a topic and a meeting time. For example: At 9 PM EST on TR night, the chatroom will discuss restriction. For the first ten minutes the guest speaker can post a focus...an article... and the group can join in at the end. OR the focus could be on restriction. Keeping in mind that the benefit of the chat is for group support LIVE.

**I have to add that one of the highlights of support groups is being able to share with others. (smiling) and yes Jack, you are sooo very charming with your witty expressions of thought, how wonderful to see them LIVE (or are you not as snappy LIVE??) ..grins.

There should be a netiquitte post for just plain posting at lap band talk. I don't know where it should go.

Some people don't even know they aren't supposed to type in all caps.

Others have never heard of paragraph breaks, etc.

There should be a netiquitte post for just plain posting at lap band talk. I don't know where it should go.

Some people don't even know they aren't supposed to type in all caps.

Others have never heard of paragraph breaks, etc.

I definitely agree with this. I mean, I doubt people would look at it any more than they do the FAQ or anything, but at least it would be there.