Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question: A guy needs advice!!!

As you all know my wife has a chronic illness. Though I work hard at getting the housework done sometimes people are nice enough to come in and help us.

My wife has a friend who helps from time to time. Unfortunately this woman has hated me since Patty and I met seventeen years ago. They were roomies and best friends and I think Becky resents me for taking Patty away. Now, I never would even consider coming between them. Patty's free to have Becky or anyone else as a friend, Patty needs all the friends she can get.

An example of the way Becky reacts to me: The first time we met was while I was dating Patty. Patty had invited me over to spend the evening, and to meet Becky. Patty left the room and Becky began to run her down, saying what a bad housekeeper she was, etc. Then this woman had the nerve to ask me to sit on the floor when I came over in the future as she thought I might damage the furniture because I was so big. (I weighed 225 lbs, then!).

Anyway, nowadays, she's saying that I shouldn't put Patty's bras in the dryer, I should hang them up. Patty says she hasn't had any problems in the last four years with my drying her bras, but Becky keeps stirring this pot and causing problems. Now my first instinct is to just ignore her, but what if she is right? Patty's still pretty chesty, and those bras are expensive. I'd rather do right, than be right. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

So, what do you say? Line dry or dryer?

Whipple I've always put my bras in the dryer. If patty doesn't have a problem with you putting them in the dryer then I wouldn't change a thing. I think I would just politley say that you have asked patty and that she doesn't mined them being put in the dryer. You sound like you are doing the best you can Whipple and I think Patty loves and appreciates all you do no matter how you do it!

Ryan, you are so thoughtful. I line dry mine. I wanted to be in on this survey. I am glad she is home and you are having a hard time keeping your pants up. Okay, now maybe that did not come out right!? Way to go on all the huge weight loss and your are several sizes smaller in the waist and cannot keep your pants up. That is a great nsv. I am chuckling about bra drying survey and not being able to keep your pants up. Too fun. Nice to hear you laughing again. I can hear you laugh if I listen really quietly..... great sound!!! Keep up your great work. Take care, Theresa Marie

and those bras are expensive
I'de hang them up line dry, but if they were cheap in the dryer they would go.

The dryer can break down the fibers, especially if you over dry.

Becky... I'd swear... I'd vote for you if you were running for president. :)

Ryan... I have always put mine in the dryer... then again... mine are not of the super boulder holder nature... more like pebbles in a hanky. :)

(((Ryan))), you're a hoot! Maybe your Becky can come over and just do all of the laundry for you. Then she'll be satisfied w/how it's getting done. But if this hasn't bothered Patty in the past, hey it must be working. I don't even want to think how my family would do the laundry! No wonder your pants are falling off, you're running around trying to please everybody.

I put them in the Dryer and in the summer line dry. But if your wife does not complain neither should her friend. Alot of ladies would kill for a man like you.

I line dry mine! The dryer messes up the elastic in them, but if you have been putting them in the dryer for four years, it's sure not going to hurt them now! Now........what was that Megan was saying about the pants? :)

The only problem with throwing them in the dryer is it messes up the wires that go underneath the cups to hold them suckers up. Have you ladies ever had one of those wires get twisted and start gouging ya? It would probably be like wearing a protective cup with a dent in one side. You could always just let them air dry on the door knob.

Sounds like her friend is desperate for something to itch about.

I line dry mine. I have found that if I dry them in the dryer it messes with the wire. I have several scars because the underwire snapped and stabbed me. (yeah, blood and all...) I find they last longer when line dried (or just hung on a coat hanger...) and at $40 a pop... well... Oh, and I would say wash your pants in REALLY hot Water then dry then at a hight temp. Just watch out for the flames...

Since Patty hasn't had any complaints, just keep on doing what you're doing! My dad's main hobby was doing the laundry, and I don't remember my mom EVER doing a load of laundry before my dad died!

Perhaps you could ask Patty's friend for advice just to placate her?

Line dry, everything but socks and panties, you should see my laundry room and bedroom, bras, shirts, pants, exercise clothes, on hangers over the door and on drying racks. It will all get put away for about a day, so I give up. Maybe when shrinkage is not an issue I will dry more, but the dryer really does wear out your clothes faster.

As for Becky, I like what Rebeccalee said, hang one up for Becky and dry the rest!

You are so cool...does your wife know how much all the women on LBT appreciate what a good hubby you are?

I put mine in the dryer... but then again I buy cheapy ones at Wal-Mart for 14.99 lol You might want to maybe try a Low setting.. All I can say is go with what Patty tells you, its not Becky wearing the Bras is it!