Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How was your day?

Since we don’t have a chat room, the intention of this thread is that there is no real topic to wander off from. Feel free to hijack my post. In fact please do. Lol.

It is the Friday before my surgery, Surgery day is Monday the 21st. Today is my last day of work for a few weeks.

I am stressed out about that but happy to get some time off. My job is hectic and stressful and quite demanding. Frankly, no one else can do my job although people will try so there will lots of issues upon my return. I am trying not to worry about it.

I am trying to only worry about me for once. I want to go Monday have a easy surgery, and hope to have a smooth recovery. I am looking forward to trying new things and changing a lot of things in my life.

I think I am still in disbelief that my day has finally come. I am not nervous or excited, anything really. I am just READY.

Thanks for letting me share! 😊

Just completed a 45 min walk for the second day in a row. I am 2 weeks post op. It's a beautiful spring day and I am amazed at my progress just in one week. Last week at this time there was no way I would have been able to walk for more than 8 minutes or so.

6 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

It is the Friday before my surgery, Surgery day is Monday the 21st. Today is my last day of work for a few weeks.

I am stressed out about that but happy to get some time off. My job is hectic and stressful and quite demanding. Frankly, no one else can do my job although people will try so there will lots of issues upon my return. I am trying not to worry about it.

I am trying to only worry about me for once. I want to go Monday have a easy surgery, and hope to have a smooth recovery. I am looking forward to trying new things and changing a lot of things in my life.

I think I am still in disbelief that my day has finally come. I am not nervous or excited, anything really. I am just READY.

Thanks for letting me share! 😊

My husband has a similar job and stresses out when he takes time off as well. I tell him that it will give them a chance to learn that they can’t do it without you. I’m sure you will go back to a couple messes but they will also appreciate you more.

Did your surgery center have you make a list of non scale related things you are looking forward to post surgery. It is especially good to have during the stalls.

2 hours ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

Just completed a 45 min walk for the second day in a row. I am 2 weeks post op. It's a beautiful spring day and I am amazed at my progress just in one week. Last week at this time there was no way I would have been able to walk for more than 8 minutes or so.

That’s awesome. Good for you. I wish it was nice outside here for me to walk.

Okay I got the thread going, now what? I have no clue how the chat rooms even worked. Anyone who has ideas for topics feel free to chime in. I’m sure you guys don’t want just me replying to you, lol.

I had a great day today! Had booked the day off and it was glorious Spring sunshine. Went into town, bought some pots and planters for my flower seeds and bulbs - I get those in tomorrow hopefully. I adore Spring - it's my favourite season. I detest Winter - so glad it's done for another year.

I may have a glass of wine this evening - I know lots of people don't this soon after surgery (I'm 4 months post-op) but I do like just one glass on Friday and Saturday night - I always have and it feels like a bit of normality.

Have a great weekend everyone. 🤩

5 minutes ago, WhispersOfAngel said:

I was outside for a bit today and it's already hotter than hades. Summer can skip me this year. 93F/34C 🔥

Yea I feel the same. It’s just super humid here. I kept hoping for the polar bear club to invite me like everyone else who’s had the surgery but for some reason I still get HOT!!

12 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Yea I feel the same. It’s just super humid here. I kept hoping for the polar bear club to invite me like everyone else who’s had the surgery but for some reason I still get HOT!!

Yeah I'm hoping I will join that club after surgery too. I'm not sure how I'm a native Floridian and despise the heat and humidity.

I made a server/chat room on Discord if anyone is interested in chatting there. It will be invite only, so it would be exclusively bariatric patients. Let me know if y'all are interested in doing this.