Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be undergoing sleeve revision to roux en y. One because of reflux but more importantly for weight loss. I lost 90 lbs. 7 years ago with sleeve and gained back 65. How much should I expect to lose? I have a new surgeon who I like much better and he is more concerned with my health and I can already see their follow ups will be much better. I am not screwing this one up.

SW 250

Lowest 159

CW 225

GW 185

Highest weight (sleeve 2017 ) 285
I only got down to 210.
Bypass revision due to GERD and regain (dec 2020) 242.
Current weight 160.
Those are my stats. I have found that with my revision surgery, I am losing weight slowly but steadily. I’m happy with this though and I’m at my lowest I’ve ever been in my adult life. Also, my GERD is gone :)
All the best to you

On 9/24/2021 at 3:10 PM, emk101009 said:

I will be undergoing sleeve revision to roux en y. One because of reflux but more importantly for weight loss. I lost 90 lbs. 7 years ago with sleeve and gained back 65. How much should I expect to lose? I have a new surgeon who I like much better and he is more concerned with my health and I can already see their follow ups will be much better. I am not screwing this one up.

SW 250

Lowest 159

CW 225

GW 185

I want to wish you good luck on your upcoming surgery. It’s exciting yet nerve wracking. I’m going in for conversion from sleeve to roux en y this Wednesday the 29th. I’m so nervous. I have heard many things in regards to loss the second time around. My surgeon (who’s new to me) feels in time I can do even better than I did with the sleeve (down 85lbs with sleeve). He did follow that up with “especially if you get the excess skin removed” which I cannot see happening in my foreseeable future 😣 I get mixed reviews on weightloss range from fellow converters. I wish I heard from more people who have made the switch, good or bad. Hearing the stories and seeing pictures really helps.

Edited by KittyHawk

On 9/27/2021 at 1:52 AM, KittyHawk said:

I want to wish you good luck on your upcoming surgery. It’s exciting yet nerve wracking. I’m going in for conversion from sleeve to roux en y this Wednesday the 29th. I’m so nervous. I have heard many things in regards to loss the second time around. My surgeon (who’s new to me) feels in time I can do even better than I did with the sleeve (down 85lbs with sleeve). He did follow that up with “especially if you get the excess skin removed” which I cannot see happening in my foreseeable future 😣 I get mixed reviews on weightloss range from fellow converters. I wish I heard from more people who have made the switch, good or bad. Hearing the stories and seeing pictures really helps.

Good luck with the surgery. Please keep me posted!! I hear the weight loss averages 40 lbs but is much easier to maintain.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, emk101009 said:

Good luck with the surgery. Please keep me posted!! I hear the weight loss averages 40 lbs but is much easier to maintain.

Thank you, I’m still in the hospital from conversion yesterday. I’m in a fair amount of pain. I hope this was the right move. So far I’m tolerating Water, sugar free drinks, and sugar free water ice/jello. Tomorrow I should be going to a full liquid diet. I should also be discharged tomorrow.