Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose skin causing pain in tail bone area?

Hey everyone. I have tried to research this but can’t seem to find much info about it and am wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this. I lost 137 pounds since my gastric bypass in feb 2020. I have a lot of loose skin that I’m starting to look into plastics to take care of. But one area that just kind of started bothering me a couple months ago is my butt. I find that I have to be careful how I sit and that I can’t really “rock” from side to side without it feeling like my tailbone is rubbing over something and causing a pinching sort of pain. Like if I’m sitting in my car and we take a turn, your body kind of naturally goes with the turn but I have to hold myself steady or I get this pain. Even laying flat in bed, I can feel this pinching pain and I have to be careful of how I move. I’ve noticed it like I said for a couple of months but it just hit me the other day, is this because of my sagging loose skin back there? Am I crazy? Has anyone else had this issue? I’ve felt this before.

if so, I’m wondering, besides manually separating my butt cheeks and skin (tmi sorry) is a butt lift the only way to take care of this? Will a butt lift take care of this? I don’t know but I just wanted to see if y’all had any thoughts on this.

thanks in advance!

One surprise for me was that it was painful to sit for long periods of time after losing over 100 pounds, particularly on hard surfaces. I don't think it was loose skin--it was just the fact that I no longer had all the fat back there to act as padding.

I'm watching this with interest as I also have been experiencing tail bone pain. A cushion helps but does not eliminate it. There is even pain when sitting for any length of time on a padded surface.

Yes I definitely have the sore butt issue any time I sit or lay in one position for any length of time!

I, too, have pain in this area. I think it is a combination of the two previous thoughts- there is no padding, and what's there just slides around (also down 100 lbs). I don't know what the answer is, other than using a pad as much as possible.

I did put a pad on my office chair briefly, but it raised my sitting height too much to make it uncomfortable in a different way. Now I just try to get up and move at least once an hour to go for short walks. That keeps it so I don't think about it much anymore.

I have been dealing with pain in that area but only when sitting. I had a road trip a couple of weeks ago and I was practically in tears by the end. I’ve bought a cushion but it doesn’t help much. It’s sooo frustrating to lose all this weight (not to goal yet but getting close) and be in more pain now than I ever was before. And even at my heaviest I was pretty active. Sitting is just the worst now.

Yeah, I did not expect this, because I have a big butt even after losing 157 pounds so far. However, my tailbone does hurt if I sit too long now. Today I had Umbilical Hernia repair, and my surgeon was behind schedule so I had to wait a long time to go into surgery and the stretcher was killing my butt!
I don't have loose skin I'm the area of my tailbone, mine is lower on my butt at the top of my thighs, but it sure hurts anyway! I've been thinking of getting a donut cushion.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app