Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Stall and Carb questions

I have been doing great since my surgery on New Years Eve. I was losing weight well and only weigh myself once a week. I never had a stall and that is probably because I had covid and it hit my whole gastro system so I lost weight there too. I was still losing weight well this last week. I have lost nothing. I was like well here is my first stall and now I am still the same weight. I have added a frozen yogurt Yasso at night after dinner because it has been hot and I have not added a snack to my diet yet.

I am wondering if my weight stall is normal at 5 months or if it is because I added something new to my diet that I should not be having. I never let my carbs for the day go over 50 and my Protein is between 60 to 80. My calories are never over 1000 either. If I have higher carbs for the day I do not have the yogurt bar.

Do you think this is normal? Should I put Protein Shakes back into my diet? Should I do my snack earlier in the day?

2 minutes ago, Jessicac2884 said:

I have been doing great since my surgery on New Years Eve. I was losing weight well and only weigh myself once a week. I never had a stall and that is probably because I had covid and it hit my whole gastro system so I lost weight there too. I was still losing weight well this last week. I have lost nothing. I was like well here is my first stall and now I am still the same weight. I have added a frozen yogurt Yasso at night after dinner because it has been hot and I have not added a snack to my diet yet.

I am wondering if my weight stall is normal at 5 months or if it is because I added something new to my diet that I should not be having. I never let my carbs for the day go over 50 and my Protein is between 60 to 80. My calories are never over 1000 either. If I have higher carbs for the day I do not have the yogurt bar.

Do you think this is normal? Should I put Protein Shakes back into my diet? Should I do my snack earlier in the day?

Hello everyone has stalls at different times of their weight loss journey. It is completely normal. I have had several. Some have lasted a week, and others have lasted 3-4 weeks at a time. It is very discouraging but if you stay on track, you will keep losing.

Your carbs and calories seem very high to me. I am 9 months out and my carbs don't go over 20, Protein is 90-100, and calories is around 800 at the most per day. I know we are all different, and on different eating plans.

I am not a doctor, but my advice would be to try to increase your protein, eat less carbs and calories and watch what happens.

Good Luck

you're just in a stall. I had several along the way - especially during year 2. Just stick to your plan and stay off the scale for a few days. At 1000 kcal/day, you should still be losing weight. Protein and carbs are fine - I was not on an ultra-low carb plan, and I lost over 200 lbs. (P.S. some plans ARE ultra-low-carb, but others are not. We didn't have a carb limit at all. I usually had around 80 a day)

Edited by catwoman7

2 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

you're just in a stall. I had several along the way - especially during year 2. Just stick to your plan and stay off the scale for a few days. At 1000 kcal/day, you should still be losing weight. Protein and carbs are fine - I was not on an ultra-low carb plan, and I lost over 200 lbs. (P.S. some plans ARE ultra-low-carb, but others are not. We didn't have a carb limit at all. I usually had around 80 a day)

P.P.S. stalls typically last 1-3 weeks. If it gets to be a month or more. you could try shaking things up and see if it gets things moving again, but my guess is this is just a normal stall.