Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I had the gastric sleeve in March of this year 2021. I am about two months out. Things have were not as easy as anticipated in the beginning, but things are getting back to normal. I am just looking to talk to others going through the same thing. I feel like I am in an odd spot physically and mentally. Any advice is welcomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ReyCleo said:

Hi there,

I had the gastric sleeve in March of this year 2021. I am about two months out. Things have were not as easy as anticipated in the beginning, but things are getting back to normal. I am just looking to talk to others going through the same thing. I feel like I am in an odd spot physically and mentally. Any advice is welcomed.

There is a big March 2021 thread on the go at the moment, you will find many people who are at the same stage as yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a 3/15/21 VSG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a sleep 3/11/2021! I, too, agree it was quite tough. I wasn’t able to take pills and my Iron and potassium dropped slightly. I have a long complicated surgery, but I believe I am doing better. I am not doing the best at keeping up with what I’m taking in at the moment as I got off track with my Vitamins being low and some Fluid on my lungs. I feel fine, but really have to start back my routine to count! I am loosing slowly. Good luck.
HW-256
Pre-Op-253
CW-229

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleeve*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Vanessa Kiro said:

Hey. Haven’t gotten mine yet. Can you please share your ups and downs? I hen you can. Thank you

Hi there,

I had my surgery on 3/02/2021 along with the sleeve I had a hiatal hernia repair. In the hospital of course I had pain, the air was the most uncomfortable part of it all. I was sure to walk around my room as much as possible. Once I was home I was fine until like a week later I started to want the old foods I used to have and at this point I was on puréed foods. So pudding textures. It was harder mentally then I anticipated. I think I assumed I wouldn’t want those food anymore, not the case. I struggled with the scale not showing the numbers I though as well. My doctor said I was right on track, but I think we want things to move faster then they do. Eating wise during the first month and half was hard for me I got sick a lot with most foods and even Water made me nauseous. This has all passed but at the time the doctor told me to change the temperature of my drinks and it helped. My biggest hurtle at the moment is my body is changing, even if the numbers aren’t showing it, you lose inches and my skin has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

There is a big March 2021 thread on the go at the moment, you will find many people who are at the same stage as yourself.

Thank you for this. I am new to this site and didn’t know how to navigate it too well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ruthpets said:

I'm a 3/15/21 VSG!

I am 3/2/21 VSG and hiatal hernia repair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CJGonz said:

I’m a sleep 3/11/2021! I, too, agree it was quite tough. I wasn’t able to take pills and my Iron and potassium dropped slightly. I have a long complicated surgery, but I believe I am doing better. I am not doing the best at keeping up with what I’m taking in at the moment as I got off track with my Vitamins being low and some Fluid on my lungs. I feel fine, but really have to start back my routine to count! I am loosing slowly. Good luck.
HW-256
Pre-Op-253
CW-229

2 hours ago, CJGonz said:

I’m a sleep 3/11/2021! I, too, agree it was quite tough. I wasn’t able to take pills and my Iron and potassium dropped slightly. I have a long complicated surgery, but I believe I am doing better. I am not doing the best at keeping up with what I’m taking in at the moment as I got off track with my Vitamins being low and some Fluid on my lungs. I feel fine, but really have to start back my routine to count! I am loosing slowly. Good luck.
HW-256
Pre-Op-253
CW-229

I am wishing you all the best with everything. Sounds like things got pretty tough.

Same with the pills, in the beginning they had to be crushed which was harder. Now I struggle to keep up with the Vitamins. Some days I just forget. I too am loosing slowly, how do you deal with it? I know it’s normal but it can be discouraging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, RobinRN said:

I understand exactly! 4 weeks post op for me.

It’s hard even after you research everything. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×