Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise (In Puree Stage)



Recommended Posts

What brand of oatmeal is okay to eat in this stage?? Are flavors okay?? "HELP" feeling overwhelmed with making sure I get enough food I typically shop every two weeks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, you should focus on getting Protein. BariatricPal protein oatmeal is a great choice because it is lower in carbs than regular oatmeal and has added protein (you might even want to add some additional Protein Powder for more protein). I've tried the maple brown sugar and apple cinnamon and they're both good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BigSue said:

Right now, you should focus on getting Protein. BariatricPal Protein oatmeal is a great choice because it is lower in carbs than regular oatmeal and has added protein (you might even want to add some additional Protein Powder for more protein). I've tried the maple brown sugar and apple cinnamon and they're both good.

Oh good to know. I was going to order some, but wasn't sure if it would taste good or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, E. Wynn said:

Great! that's actually what I was getting the oatmeal for in the first place because I'm struggling with drinking the Protein Drinks right now

I had an awful time with the Protein shakes/drinks. It all tasted so bad to me. Left a weird after taste in my mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, E. Wynn said:

Great! that's actually what I was getting the oatmeal for in the first place because I'm struggling with drinking the Protein Drinks right now

I like to mix in some cinnamon roll flavored Protein Powder and sprinkle brown sugar Swerve on top. I could only eat half a packet of the oatmeal in the pureed stage (and I actually still only eat half a packet, but now I mix in some nuts and shredded carrots).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BigSue said:

I like to mix in some cinnamon roll flavored Protein Powder and sprinkle brown sugar Swerve on top. I could only eat half a packet of the oatmeal in the pureed stage (and I actually still only eat half a packet, but now I mix in some nuts and shredded carrots).

I also mixed in nuts as I progressed. I have NEVER heard of mixing shredded carrots into oatmeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I also mixed in nuts as I progressed. I have NEVER heard of mixing shredded carrots into oatmeal.

It's good! I got the idea from Pinterest -- carrot cake oatmeal. Doesn't really taste like carrot cake, but a good way to sneak in some veggies. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×