Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight did you lose the first 90 days ?

I would love to hear from some folks about your weight loss after surgery the first 60 or 90 days after your sleeve surgery. I need inspiration. I am on this liquid diet and surgery in 6 days!

Edited by Tim C

I lost 20 in my 2 week pre-op liquid. Had surgery on December 3rd and I'm down an additional 74 as of today. Personally, I think i'm losing too much too fast but the surgeon doesn't seem to be too concerned.

WOW! That is very impressive! Congrats....when do you think you will hit your goal weight?

Hi Tim!

I lost 19 lbs in the pre-op month. I'm 76 days out from surgery, lost 68 lbs since then for a total of 87. I was heavier than you, so that's definitely a big part of it though :)

Edit: sorry, you asked for sleeve specifically. You guys drop as much as us in the beginning, though, so it's all the same :)

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, Tim C said:

WOW! That is very impressive! Congrats....when do you think you will hit your goal weight?

My goal is not set in stone... I'm thinking somewhere between 200 and 220 should be good. I don't know when I will hit my first goal of 220 ish.... Per the surgeon, after the first initial chunk of weight comes off, we start to slow down. I'm sort of hoping to be closer to the lower 200's by end of summer but at this point i'm just happy to be feeling as good as I do right now.

74 since preop 11/2.

about 50 lbs at my 10 week appointment. Men typically lose weight faster.

Lost 26 lbs in the pre-op liquid diet phase, then post-op: 26lbs in 30 days, 44 lbs in 60 days and 63 lbs in 90 days. It then slowed down from there.... I lose some 8-10 lbs per month now.

Weight loss.jpg

7 minutes ago, dms75 said:

Lost 26 lbs in the pre-op liquid diet phase, then post-op: 26lbs in 30 days, 44 lbs in 60 days and 63 lbs in 90 days. It then slowed down from there.... I lose some 8-10 lbs per month now.

Weight loss.jpg

Your loss is truly impressive.

1 hour ago, OAGBPal said:

Hi Tim!

I lost 19 lbs in the pre-op month. I'm 76 days out from surgery, lost 68 lbs since then for a total of 87. I was heavier than you, so that's definitely a big part of it though :)

Edit: sorry, you asked for sleeve specifically. You guys drop as much as us in the beginning, though, so it's all the same :)

WOW! That is so awesome and encouraging. Makes this liquid diet little easier to take! Thanks

Edited by Tim C

2 hours ago, OAGBPal said:

Hi Tim!

Dang I love hearing these numbers, it is inspiring! Thanks

Edited by Tim C

Oh... I missed the "sleeve" only as well. I had the sleeve plus the DS/SIPS. I suspect that plays a different role.

1 hour ago, OAGBPal said:

Your loss is truly impressive.

I was scheduled to have my surgery in December and got pushed back to 2/23 because of Covid. I am jealous but proud for you!

5 minutes ago, David_L said:

Oh... I missed the "sleeve" only as well. I had the sleeve plus the DS/SIPS. I suspect that plays a different role.

When did you have your surgery?

2 hours ago, bufbills said:

74 since preop 11/2.

Very Cool Dude! Glad to know this will be worth it if I stick to the plan which is the PLAN!