Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Progress, Soft Foods start tomorrow!

So it's day 13 since my surgery. I have lost 21lbs while on the full liquids. I have now lost 60lbs from my high.

Just curious, will my weight loss slow down on soft foods?

I started walking each day around the block from my house. .75 miles. Did that for about 4 days, then reversed and did two laps.

With the exception of the belly button blowing continually and having to be drained due to the umbilical hernia, the surgery so far has went without any pain except for the gas pain the day of the surgery. I feel good. Tired, but good. Not that I felt bad at my high of 417.

Wierd thing is, I haven't eaten anything since 1/28 and I'm not the least bit hungry. Don't get me wrong, I want to eat, but not because i'm hungry, but because I'm sick of these Protein Shakes. :) So looking forward to scrambled EGG in the morning tomorrow.

OHHHH, and i'm looking forward to tomorrow being the last of my two blood thinner shots!!!! They suck.

If in Virgina, and thinking of this surgery, please consider my doc, Dr. Nicholas Dugan, at Novant Health UVA in Haymarket VA. He's a great doc, great HONEST bedside manner. He is very young, but I was one of his first patients using the davinci and could not be more pleased.

Edited by FINFAN3DP
addition

Sounds like you are doing well. I just told my husband and daughter I can't wait to eat a scrambled egg on Monday morning when I can finally switch to pureed foods.

4 minutes ago, mweiss1998 said:

Sounds like you are doing well. I just told my husband and daughter I can't wait to eat a scrambled egg on Monday morning when I can finally switch to pureed foods.

Luckily i don't have a pureed food stage. I only have 4 stages: Preop, Clear liquid after surgery while in hosp, Soft foods, and then everything. :) I am so looking forward to a scrambled Egg tomorrow. I hope i don't regret it!

I got some Silk Ultra Protein Soy Milk that I plan to mix a couple tbsp into to fluff them up a bit.

Eggface's Ricotta Bake Recipe | SparkRecipes (sparkpeople.com)

Creamy chicken Casserole with Butternut Squash & Apples - Bariatric Bits

These 2 recipes got me through the soft/pureed foods phase, along with eggs

9 minutes ago, ecugsplgrl said:

Eggface's Ricotta Bake Recipe | SparkRecipes (sparkpeople.com)

Creamy  chicken Casserole with Butternut Squash & Apples - Bariatric Bits

These 2 recipes got me through the soft/pureed foods phase, along with eggs

Sorry, i can't eat anything that looks like someone ate it before me and threw it up in a bowl. I am the fussiest fat guy ever. I don't eat casseroles, nothing with gravy on it, nothing that swims, only veggies i eat are corn, peas, green Beans, beets, and carrots. Think diet of a 13 year old male.

I seldomly try anything new, and my main motto is "if it doesn't look good, isn't cooked well done, and doesn't taste good, I'm not eatin it"...

Edited by FINFAN3DP

4 hours ago, FINFAN3DP said:

Sorry, i can't eat anything that looks like someone ate it before me and threw it up in a bowl. I am the fussiest fat guy ever. I don't eat casseroles, nothing with gravy on it, nothing that swims, only veggies i eat are corn, peas, green Beans, beets, and carrots. Think diet of a 13 year old male.

I seldomly try anything new, and my main motto is "if it doesn't look good, isn't cooked well done, and doesn't taste good, I'm not eatin it"...

You may find your new system may find a new set of likes and dislikes! Don't be surprised if you can only get a few bites of that egg in and it may take you an hour or so to eat an egg! I am almost three months post VSG and I can only eat one scrambled egg and I am absolutely stuffed, some mornings I can not even get the whole egg in. Foods that are more dense set differently and just one more bite will make you sick like you wont eat again for two days !

I used to absolutely hate gravy now all my meat has to have gravy on it or I cannot get it down, strangest thing ever....I don't know if they did a brain surgery on me when they put me under at the same time as my VSG or what but now if my chicken or beef doesn't have gravy on it I cannot eat it. I used to love veggies of all type, now I am uber fussy about which ones I like and most of them have to be raw??? super duper odd......

pizza makes ill and I used to love it...all my tastes have changed. BUT I am losing weight so I am happy :)