Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated with insurance

My coordinator submitted me documents on 1/7 with a surgery date of 2/16. I still can't get a hold of my case nurse. At first when I called to check my status they said it's still under review and I'm not missing anything. They have until 1/22 to give me an answer. I called today to check on the status still pending and now I'm being told they have until 1/28 to give me a answer. How hard is it to look at five things. No matter how many times they review it what's on the documents won't change. Super frustrated.

Sorry insurance is being such a butt head!!! They can be so frustrating!

Hang in there, it will happen.

If it helps, my insurance took three weeks to approve my surgery. Some just take longer for some reason...

I feel your pain . It does seem like it takes forever but once you get your surgery date your like it really didn’t take that long. My paperwork was sent in on 12/23 I was approved on 1/5 but I called them almost every day after the first week.

I understand. I don’t know how insurance companies expect people to patiently wait weeks upon weeks while they decide the next steps of our lives!

I was so nervous, excited and impatient for surgery that 2 weeks after my info was submitted, I called my insurance companies everyday until I had an answer.

I even went through the trouble of getting names and IDs of reps to speak to them again for continuity. I’m certain they were tired of me 😂

I hope your determination comes back quickly

Thankfully, my case nurse called today and asked me question pertaining to surgery. Hopefully I will be approved by Friday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!