Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my BMI is at 32 and I also have sleep apnea. I am looking for the safest most reputable procedure near South Carolina. I thought ESG was the way to go but I see that alot of people end up later doing a full sleeve because ESG did last. Any suggestions or advice is welcome. I will be self pay. Thanks

I had a failed ESG, if you have to self pay and the VSG is the same cost or just a little more you may as well go with the VSG to start with. I regret self paying ESG (to avoid a surgery) when a VSG was covered by medicare and private health insurance (in Australia) with out of pocket being about $5000. I wasted nearly $20k with the ESG,

I wanted to avoid surgery and have a much easier recovery. When in fact, the surgery was really a none event, I was not nervous at all, recovery was great, there was some discomfort for a few weeks around the incision sites, I had some mild cramping when for a couple of days around sipping fluids, but that soon went. I had no gas pains that stood out but I did walk a lot and then I walked some more.