Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member - Banded 11/30

This is a great site with lots of information. I am doing o.k. and trying to go back to work tomorrow. There are still lots of concerns that I have. I am scared to take in too much too fast and am not getting very many fluids. Then, of course, I am concerned over dehydrating. Gas pain seems to be the worst for me in my upper abdomen. I will get a lot more walking in at work tomorrow. Don't think I will make the whole day, but going to make a shot at it!

Take it easy Shelly. I know I was tired my first day back. I don't know why. LOL

Today was my first day back to work. I did ok. I was tired but made it the whole day without any pain. I still have to remember to drink something all day. I work on the phones all day and I forget. Just remember to take thing one step at a time. Everything will work out. (at least that is what I am told)

Keep smilin:D

WOW Karmen! Congrats on your band and even bigger congrats on going back to work the next day!! I can't imagine having done that (I took off one week).

GL and welcome to band land!

Congratualtions on your new band!! You are doing GREAT if you are already returning to work I took off 9 days.

It is definately worth all you go through I can tell you that. I am in love with my band!!

Thanks everyone for the support. I am looking forward to chatting with everyone. It is great to have a place where people are going through what you are.:whoo:

Hi Nov 30 bandsters! It was a week ago yesterday!! Can you believe it? I'm finally off pain meds and feel good but tired. Still have another week of liquids (so ready for something solid).

How is everyone doing? I have to go back to work on Monday and wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm worried abt being tired and not getting through the day. I didnt tell anyone that I was having this surgery.

Hope everyone is doing great! Looking forward to Christmas parties without gorging myself this year! :heh:

Hello. I was banded on 11/29. I took a week off of work afterward. I was tired, but it is a 5 hour drive to the city where I was banded and I had a follow-up appointment one week after surgery, sooooooo, two days of that time off were driving back and forth to Bend. Anyway, I have been back to work for a week now. I get tired very easily and do not have a lot of energy once I get home, but I keep reminding myself to take it one day at a time. :scared:

My incision site is still tender and I keep bumping it on my desk. (OUCH!!) I started pureed foods a couple of days ago and that made a big difference.

I could use some ideas on pureed foods that are good sources of Protein. I am still on my "formula" everyday, but I would like some good, tasty ideas for protein that are pureed.:)

:bandit Also, how do you all get those cool little tickers on the bottom of your postings? What a neat way to chart your progress!!!!!

THanks for your help!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches