Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

So ive been reading up on this and i guess? Its normal but talk about depressing!! Its almost been 2 weeks (on Tuesday) and my scale has not moved AT ALL im at my 4th week post op tomorrow. I know i shouldn't weight myself daily but point is i do... its realllllly getting me down... in my head...its like calorie wise alone there's NO WAY im not losing.. when does this all get back on track?!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

almost everyone has that early stall. It usually lasts 1-2 weeks. Just stay off the scale if you have to. Stick to your plan, and the weight loss WILL start up again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

almost everyone has that early stall. It usually lasts 1-2 weeks. Just stay off the scale if you have to. Stick to your plan, and the weight loss WILL start up again!

I sure hope so, i follow everything and not eating anything i shouldn't. Just ready to be back on track 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cheeks09 said:

I sure hope so, i follow everything and not eating anything i shouldn't. Just ready to be back on track 😩

my first stall was weeks 2 & 3. My weight loss started back up again during week 4, and I dropped like 6-8 lbs in a couple of days. So hang in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

almost everyone has that early stall. It usually lasts 1-2 weeks. Just stay off the scale if you have to. Stick to your plan, and the weight loss WILL start up again!

Hey, that's my shtick!

Tek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheeks09 said:

So ive been reading up on this and i guess? Its normal but talk about depressing!! Its almost been 2 weeks (on Tuesday) and my scale has not moved AT ALL im at my 4th week post op tomorrow. I know i shouldn't weight myself daily but point is i do... its realllllly getting me down... in my head...its like calorie wise alone there's NO WAY im not losing.. when does this all get back on track?!

Thanks

Same here. I’m 3 1/2 weeks post op and the scale has not moved in 4 days. I’ve started to walk to see if I can get more exercise in to get it to move. Also remember you may not be losing weight on the scale but you maybe losing inches so I would suggest measuring yourself too. Hope this helps and best wishes to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xFatBoy007 said:

Same here. I’m 3 1/2 weeks post op and the scale has not moved in 4 days. I’ve started to walk to see if I can get more exercise in to get it to move. Also remember you may not be losing weight on the scale but you maybe losing inches so I would suggest measuring yourself too. Hope this helps and best wishes to you!

That's what i was thinking.. start working out more! I should measure..i was just saying that the other day! I hope that's at least the case..i have a wedding coming up im in and its stressing me out even more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hit this too -- make sure you're hitting your Protein marks. My problem was that I wasn't eating bc i wasn't hungry, but it still wasn't good for my body.

Hitting those protein goals and increasing your movement can help. It'll pass.. the thought of "I went through all of this to lose 20 lbs!?" really messed w/me.. but you're not abnormal.. it'll work, just give it time. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, chunkarella said:

I hit this too -- make sure you're hitting your Protein marks. My problem was that I wasn't eating bc i wasn't hungry, but it still wasn't good for my body.

Hitting those Protein goals and increasing your movement can help. It'll pass.. the thought of "I went through all of this to lose 20 lbs!?" really messed w/me.. but you're not abnormal.. it'll work, just give it time. :)

I def aim to hit my protein goal. Typically fall short but between that and Water .. those are my goals! But YESSS that was my exact thought...i went through all this and thats it?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on a three-week stall and when I went in for my 1-month post-op check-in I was down an additional 5 pounds from my stall weight (which I hadn't checked in almost a week). I found the checking every day really messed with my head and led to unhealthy thoughts ie. maybe I should be eating even less, maybe this whole thing was for nothing, etc. So my advice would be no more looking at the scale, stick to the plan and I promise it'll start coming off again. You got this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cheeks09 said:

So ive been reading up on this and i guess? Its normal but talk about depressing!! Its almost been 2 weeks (on Tuesday) and my scale has not moved AT ALL im at my 4th week post op tomorrow. I know i shouldn't weight myself daily but point is i do... its realllllly getting me down... in my head...its like calorie wise alone there's NO WAY im not losing.. when does this all get back on track?!

Thanks

Try not to get too uptight about the numbers. I’m on week six and I have had a few stops and starts. Honestly I would take the scale and put away until you weigh yourself. Maybe weigh only every few days. I think the weight hangs on for reasons we don’t know about metabolism and Fluid exchange in the cells. Our bodies probably don’t know what to make of the change in calories. Just when I think I’m really stuck two and half pounds drops off. That has happened to me three times in three weeks. In the meanwhile make sure to pamper yourself. Try doing a nice facial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m new to the site and it’s been a blessing, I had my op 18th September and I’ve hit the . stall. I was gutted thinking ‘I’ve been through all this for 2st’ but coming on here has helped set my mind at ease. It seems ditch the scale, get my exercise up and RELAX as it will happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×