Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op diet repeat 2.5years out?

Just curious if anyone has tried this and what their success was like. My bf wants to lose a big chunk of weight and proposed this, and of course he has my support!

I know all programs have VERY different pre-op plans, but mine was 3 weeks (based on BMI) of nothing but 4 (plan approved) Protein Shakes and raw non-starchy veggies with zero topping/seasoning. I adhered to this diet 100% in 2018. I had already lost 40+lbs at that point and lost 16lbs in the 3 weeks before surgery. Obviously my caloric needs are far lower at 168 than at 300+ lbs, so I am planning to do 4 lower calorie Protein shakes (Premier, Quest, GNC Lean) and the same restriction on veggies. I'm planning to do this for 2 weeks.

I got to my lowest weight of 149 last summer and maintained pretty well until the holidays when I saw as high as 175. I've been maintaining from about 169-173 since January, but I really want that "Normal" BMI back (~155). Fortunately almost all my smaller clothes still fit with the exception of a pair of shorts.

Hoping to hear that others have seen results! :)

Welp, this isn't going well. After 3 full days of Protein Shakes and veggies (under 800 calories) I am UP 1.5lbs. My boyfriend who hasn't had any surgery is down 8. Sooo.... I'm thinking this isn't great for post-op. If I'm not down by Saturday I'm going to have try something else...

Any suggestions on re-sets that work well postop?

No idea. You could check in with a doctor and check labs. Do stick with something - you lost it before.