Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Home Workout Subscription



Recommended Posts

So its been a little over a year since my surgery and I've went without exercising (I'm not counting my walks). I absolutely hate the gym. I'm super self conscious and think everyone is staring at me when I know people are too busy to care. I'm hoping one day my mentality will change but until then I'm looking to workout at home. I haven't felt this good in years and I finally have the motivation to exercise. I never thought I'd be saying this but I have such a strong drive to sweat my a** off and lose the rest of this weight.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good workout subscription, any recommendations? I was doing some research and it seems like Beach Body and Daily Burn are two of the most popular. Does anyone have experience with either of them?

Today I'll be starting the Lily Sabri workouts from YouTube. Her workouts seem like they're going to kill me which is what I'm looking for. If anyone knows any other YouTuber's like her please pass those names along, thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not familiar with Lily Sabri, but I love Popsugar Fitness on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Not familiar with Lily Sabri, but I love Popsugar Fitness on YouTube.

Thank you! Just checked out popsugar and they have a great variety of workouts. I’m looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was doing the Barre Blend class on the Beachbody app. It’s an 8 week class that I didn’t finish, but not because it wasn’t great - it is! 5 days a week, 35-45 minutes - each week built in intensity. All you need are 1-3 lb weights, if you want to use weights at all. The trainer was super encouraging and her lil entourage of girls working out with her were great too - few base line girls, few advanced, and a few modified. So really everyone can follow along and get a good workout. I think I’ll eventually go back to that one because I really liked it, and because I didn’t finish (I’d like to not be a quitter). For now I’m going to try Transform:20, which is a 6 week class using weights and a step platform. 20 minutes a day, I believe. My app was synced with my Firestick so whenever I’d finish a workout, it would automatically log it on my app. The cons to this one is that it’s pricier - I think $100 annually? And they like to push their shakeology and coaching. BUT - the cost was worth it to me and I just choose not to buy anything additional - I just love it for the (huge library of) workouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

So its been a little over a year since my surgery and I've went without exercising (I'm not counting my walks). I absolutely hate the gym. I'm super self conscious and think everyone is staring at me when I know people are too busy to care. I'm hoping one day my mentality will change but until then I'm looking to workout at home. I haven't felt this good in years and I finally have the motivation to exercise. I never thought I'd be saying this but I have such a strong drive to sweat my a** off and lose the rest of this weight.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good workout subscription, any recommendations? I was doing some research and it seems like Beach Body and Daily Burn are two of the most popular. Does anyone have experience with either of them?

Today I'll be starting the Lily Sabri workouts from YouTube. Her workouts seem like they're going to kill me which is what I'm looking for. If anyone knows any other YouTuber's like her please pass those names along, thank you!!

I have beachbody and love chalene however not able to do that yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2020 at 3:55 PM, Jilly16 said:

I was doing the Barre Blend class on the Beachbody app. It’s an 8 week class that I didn’t finish, but not because it wasn’t great - it is! 5 days a week, 35-45 minutes - each week built in intensity. All you need are 1-3 lb weights, if you want to use weights at all. The trainer was super encouraging and her lil entourage of girls working out with her were great too - few base line girls, few advanced, and a few modified. So really everyone can follow along and get a good workout. I think I’ll eventually go back to that one because I really liked it, and because I didn’t finish (I’d like to not be a quitter). For now I’m going to try Transform:20, which is a 6 week class using weights and a step platform. 20 minutes a day, I believe. My app was synced with my Firestick so whenever I’d finish a workout, it would automatically log it on my app. The cons to this one is that it’s pricier - I think $100 annually? And they like to push their shakeology and coaching. BUT - the cost was worth it to me and I just choose not to buy anything additional - I just love it for the (huge library of) workouts.

Thanks for the info! Is there interaction with the trainer? I heard the with beachbody you get assigned a trainer but I don't know much else about that.

Also, did you find you were losing weight by working out this way instead of hitting the gym?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re welcome, and no interaction with the trainer, but you have a coach with the app - my coach is actually also a sleeve patient, and I love her because she fully GETS my struggle. She’s incredibly inspirational to me, and super motivating. Her attitude helps keep me pumped and motivated, but that’s me. You may do better with a different coach or group of people. If you are interested, I’d be happy to give you her instagram. The only thing I don’t love is feeling pushed to purchase things I don’t feel I need, like the Shakeology. But that’s more Beachbody as a whole, and not my particular coach. If you tell her up front you’re only interested in the workouts, she won’t hound you. She’s only ever reached out with info on extras when I’ve asked for more info on whatever she’s promoting. You also have access to the group page, where you can post your progress and victories and just whatever - it’s like fitness Facebook, with other members doing their workouts - there will be members doing the same workout program as you, but it’s a random mix because there are so many different programs to choose from.

I was definitely maintaining my weight, and toning up. I have gym anxiety, so it was a good compromise and I absolutely felt it. You’ll be sore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Thanks for the info! Is there interaction with the trainer? I heard the with beachbody you get assigned a trainer but I don't know much else about that.

Also, did you find you were losing weight by working out this way instead of hitting the gym?

FYI, Beachbody is an MLM, so a lot of the "coaches" are trying to sell shakes and/or recruit you to be a "coach" so they can make money off your sales. There are no qualifications to be a coach -- they are just independent sales consultants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sue, I agree with you. For me, the coaching is more about having that accountability and push to do better. I’m not a fan of an MLM in general, but the workouts are great. I just choose not to buy the shakes or anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×