Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg

Got my bodybugg today. Holy crap, there's a lot of stuff to figure out. My armband is beeping at irregular intervals - have no idea what that's about yet; not sure if I've figured out the little wristwatch that goes with it; took about an hour to figure out why I couldn't get onto the right internet site (there was a wee, teeny, weeny "next" button way at the bottom of the screen I kept missing.) Gee, can you tell I'm not very computer/gadget friendly? haha. Once I figure it out, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Gotta call my friend who has one and seems to know what the heck to do with it. Since having it on at 9 p.m. this evening (it is now 12:00 a.m.), I have burned 196 calories (1.2 calories/minute) from doing nothing but sitting on my butt! haha Any other bodybugg users out there?

I have an ActiTrainer. Haven't really used it much - I was trying to let DH have dibbs first. But he's unmotivated - I'm stealing it back. LOL

I went to the website for the bodybugg WOW expensive....:girl_hug: Would be interested in finding out how it works for someone with the band.......Let us know if you find it extrememly helpful.

Thanks

I went to the website for the bodybugg WOW expensive....:girl_hug: Would be interested in finding out how it works for someone with the band.......Let us know if you find it extrememly helpful.

Thanks

I think so, too! I got the impression that the Bugg could somehow detect calories in as well as calories out but according to someone on that other thread, you still have to enter your calories. It sounds like a great idea and I'm sure there are others who are finding it helpful but I think I'll stick with something less expensive for now.

Yeah, I know there's another bodybugg site - I read all 50 pages or so of them! egad. I just thought it would be nice to post in the Nov group as well.

How are the actitrainers?

I was just figuring it out today and while I like gadgets, I don't get them at first - it takes a lot of wrong turns for me to get it right. So, after a lot of swearing and looking up the help button, I think I pretty much figured it out. I know it's going to keep me on track - just because you have to enter every little morsel you eat. And I really like how it shows on a graph where you burn calories. It's pretty cool. I'm glad I got it.

I'm wearing my Actitrainer for work tonight. I'm interested to see the comparison in how many calories I burn on days I work vs days I'm at home. My job can get pretty physical. I'm getting in and out of the vehicle a couple dozen times per night, and climbing about 20 floors' worth of stairs. This way I can input the extra calories burned for days I work into mydailyplate.com . I really should get set up on the Actitrainer free trial - it's pretty cheap monthly after that. Hrm.

I am using fitday .com to enter all of my food and it too graphs it for you and there is a place for enterting your activity daily as well.......I like it there too and it is FREE!!!!!!

But I am anxious to find out how you all like these computer devices......please keep us informed here.

I am using fitday .com to enter all of my food and it too graphs it for you and there is a place for enterting your activity daily as well.......I like it there too and it is FREE!!!!!!

But I am anxious to find out how you all like these computer devices......please keep us informed here.

Well, what I REALLY like is that it tells what I'm burning, ME, not an average that a machine spits out. So I can tell, for my body, whether I need more exercise to burn the calories or less exercise, etc. That's the main reason I got it. And it's also very motivating. It's got a thingy on the watch that shows how many steps you've walked - and I find myself walking on the spot a lot just to get in the 10,000 steps a day you should be getting. There's a bunch of other features on the watch I haven't figured out yet - I'll tell you about them in a couple of days as I figure it out better.

And also (and this doesn't make any sense, I know), when I spend a lot of money (i.e. the band, the bugg), then I'll use it!! Just how my weird quirky brain works.

I got my BioTrainer BioTrainer Weight Loss System - measure physical activity and caloric burn yesterday but I haven't signed up for the web thing yet. I will wear mine while I work out tomorrow and see how I like it.

Bobbi

I have been wearing my bugg for a month now and I just LOVE it. it totally keeps me motivated to work harder and write everything down that I eat. I have no restriction yet and attribute all of my loss to the bugg. it even got me to work out twice a day [been doing two a days for the past week] so I can keep my deficit up. it is great to see how everything is tracked. when I was sick my bugg got no action- though with its help I was still able to maintain at least 1000 calorie deficit.

good luck everyone!

I really want one but I don't want to spend the money. I'm thinking if I do spend the money it will motivate me. Knowing me, I will end up getting it.

I'm buying a Body Bugg tonight. I can't wait to see how many calories I burn a day. I know that will motivate me to work out. I'm excited! :biggrin: