Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Converting Sleeve to GB RNY

Tomorrow I go in for my corrective surgery, Sleeve to RNY, due to severe acid reflux. Any tips? This is the first time I have ever done a bowel prep... hopefully it won't be too bad.....still waiting!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using BariatricPal mobile app

🏆 Safe Surgery and Speedy Recovery 🏆

I had the same revision done just over 3 months ago. No regrets at all.

My bowel prep didn’t go very well either. I told the dr in advance that Miralax would not completely clean me out. He said it was fine since he only needed intestines and not colon cleaned out.

surgery went fine. Try not to worry too much. You got this!

I'm scheduled for the same on 4/6/20. How is the recovery coming along?

I’m having this same revision done, it was scheduled for 4/1/20, but has been postponed. Have u lost more weight after getting the bypass compared to the sleeve?

I had my revision to bypass three weeks ago but did not have to do any bowel prep. In fact, I was told to eat a carb rich meal for dinner the night before surgery (which I did). Surgery went well and other than gas pain on the first day post-op, haven’t had any problems since. (Ahhh...that’s not true. Now that I’m soft foods constipation has become an issue, but that’s another topic...)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• zombierayvinn

I am almost 8 weeks post op and I am down to 157 from 202. I have been struggling with nausea but not vomiting. Anyone else having this happen?
      · 3 replies
      1. Bastian

After having horrendous nausea I did some reading and it seems quite common. Especially if you have ruled out eating too fast/too big a mouthful. Also drinking too soon will make you feel sick. I now take 2 antiemetics to help with my nausea, hopefully yours is just that you need to slow down eating etc

2. BayougirlMrsS

agree with the above. start a log of what and when you eat/drink

3. zombierayvinn

Thank you. I get the nausea throughout the day and night its kind of weird.

• WInston223322

Been a hell of a good Journey and thanx to all 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Steph1999x

Post op day 2...so far so good!
      · 1 reply
      1. LisaDee1

What state are you in????

• Krestel

Officially no longer over weight! Goal #1 reached! I'm now under 80kgs (176 lbs) at 179cm (5'10") and 10 months post-op and am over the moon. My weight at 79.9 kgs (176 lbs) gives me a BMI of 24.9 which means that I have a normal weight! OMG.
      I still want to lose about 16 lbs more though in order to get safely into the middle range to insure against that little regain that happens. The I have maintenence in front of me as well.
      BUT I have hit my first goal. Yeah me!!!
      · 1 reply
      1. biginjapan

Fantastic! That's such a great goal to reach and one I hope to get to this year as well.

• TWCook

I had my gastric sleeve done September 10, 2020... I started out 330# before surgery.... I'm down to 260# now... I've been stalled out for over two months now.... I exercise when I can (Bad back/knees)... I follow my diet , get my protein and drink my water... But still not losing any weight... I've done everything I can think of to break the stall.... Even went back to liquid diet....  Sometimes I think this was a mistake having the surgery...
      · 1 reply
      1. Boss lady84

sorry to hear that don't feel down. Maybe a reset meaning something new. I am in the process of having the surgery a second time. I had Lapland in 2012 removed in 2018 and I have gained everything back and some. When I stalled on lapband I had to do something new for me I joined a free boot camp and Zumba and then boom dropped 38 pounds in 2 months. I know you said bad back and knees so find something with your limits. But I think try something new I stalled for 8 months

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs