Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack Wood, I'm currently 25 Years Old and Weigh 247lbs/17st 9lbs. I would like to reduce it near 150lbs/10st 10lbs, however, depending on how I feel throughout losing weight I may decide that I don't want to go down that low. I've been overweight for years so I don't know what to expect at a lower weight.

I've been trying to lose weight for years now and I have always thought about using this forum, I struggle with a lot of things when it comes to losing weight, I've listed them below, If there's any advice you can give me, it will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Things I struggle with:

1. Eating late at night

I generally eat late at night while watching a movie, which in most nights I don't feel fully relaxed unless I watch a movie before going to sleep. I generally eat a lot of food during this time as I like to eat throughout most of the movie, this is a habit I need to break.

2. I have No Motivation

I'd like to lose weight, however, I feel as if I don't have a big enough reason to lose weight, yes there are reasons like I'll be healthier, etc, but I don't feel as if it's a big reason enough.

3. No Hobbies/Food is exciting

I don't really have anything that interests me, hobby-wise, etc. Some days, the only enjoyable thing I do all day is to eat a takeaway, mainly pizza, which is very high in calories (3000+)

4. Constantly thinking about food

Unless I'm full I'm constantly thinking about food, but I can't keep eating as I'll put on even more weight.

Feel free to leave any advice you have for me, I just don't know what to do anymore. Even while I'm writing this I am having a pizza that I ordered last night.

44 minutes ago, Jack Wood said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack Wood, I'm currently 25 Years Old and Weigh 247lbs/17st 9lbs. I would like to reduce it near 150lbs/10st 10lbs, however, depending on how I feel throughout losing weight I may decide that I don't want to go down that low. I've been overweight for years so I don't know what to expect at a lower weight.

Expect being healthy lighter and feeling better

I've been trying to lose weight for years now and I have always thought about using this forum, I struggle with a lot of things when it comes to losing weight, I've listed them below, If there's any advice you can give me, it will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

First of all are you getting the surgery- If you have struggled to loose weight you may consider it - Get the tool, build the workshop and then follow the plans! Its simple

Things I struggle with:

1. Eating late at night - We all did You bored buy a dog, F@#ck food. I never eat after 4:00

I generally eat late at night while watching a movie, which in most nights I don't feel fully relaxed unless I watch a movie before going to sleep. I generally eat a lot of food during this time as I like to eat throughout most of the movie, this is a habit I need to break.

2. I have No Motivation - Cuz you are bored and unhealthy - We all have been there, Fat causes laziness

I'd like to lose weight, however, I feel as if I don't have a big enough reason to lose weight, yes there are reasons like I'll be healthier, etc, but I don't feel as if it's a big reason enough. Ok then Death is another option, Been there done that, Trust me you are playing head games!

3. No Hobbies/Food is exciting - F@#CK FOOD - Food is killing you and you are enjoying it -

I don't really have anything that interests me, hobby-wise, etc. Some days, the only enjoyable thing I do all day is to eat a takeaway, mainly pizza, which is very high in calories (3000+)

4. Constantly thinking about food 0 You have a mental disorder like most of the members here, We are in the fatty forum because we choose to be lazy and unhealthy, Including myself, You need help with your head first, One thing you will be told over and over is this is the best decision we have made, Join us and be healthy and happy or keep up your current way of life and be depressed and dead shortly! - You are way younger then me but i will guarantee one thing, Once you hit 45 you can not handle it anymore and you will go down, I went down real hard and i wish at you your age i would have stopped and not wrecked the only body i have!

Hi @Jack Wood, it wasn't really clear from your post and profile, but did you have surgery already? Planning to? Thinking about it?

Hi @jack Wood, I started by educating myself on bariatric / metabolic surgery. If you're on twitter, start following bariatric surgeons and bariatric advocates on twitter. They post a lot of recent research and information that's excellent. There are so many new theories and data on obesity. Check out @Jeanine M Sherman/iamabariatricpatient and Dr. Neil Floch MD to begin with. Take care!

Gloria

On 11/29/2019 at 3:37 PM, gwoodgm said:

Hi @jack Wood, I started by educating myself on bariatric / metabolic surgery. If you're on twitter, start following bariatric surgeons and bariatric advocates on twitter. They post a lot of recent research and information that's excellent. There are so many new theories and data on obesity. Check out @Jeanine M Sherman/iamabariatricpatient and Dr. Neil Floch MD to begin with. Take care!

Gloria

Thank you for the mention. Each day I am giving my all to advocate for those with Obesity and to change the stigma and bias surrounding bariatric surgery.

IMG_20191213_203708.jpg