Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, people it’s my 3rd week post op. Please advise what kind of food is suitable? I a still prefer my Soup with tofu and boneless chicken.😁

What does your team suggest?

Well my dietician has told me to be on pureed diet, but i guess its individual as i am able to chew on soft tofu and soft vegetables and boneless chicken..i am still loosing weight every day. But other than this what else could be better..any suggestion?

If that's a broth Soup then it sound great! High in Protein, nice and soft foods as well AND liquids to top it off!

Thank u for that suggestion, but its just that i am getting bored. 😀

i do have few bites on french fries..at most 2 fries but as its soft i am able to chew on it. I had 1 wing stick but manage to eat the meat only and discard the skin and fats. Had ice cream too.. my dietician was telling me its based on individual and certain people are able to take it and some are still unable to take certain food. I skipped pureed diet totally.

Hi Ashley, I’m at two weeks and feel your pain. My doctor wants me on Full Liquids for another week before moving to Purée/Soft Foods. I think it’s less about whether it’s physically possible to eat the food than it is about trying to maximize weight loss during the initial six weeks. This time is really your best opportunity to allow your body to purge carbs and sodium, replace it with Protein and burn fat. We will all have plenty of time to try different foods, but french fries and milkshakes are probably not advisable until you have hit your stride and are at or close to your goal weight. It would be a shame to have gone through this life-changing decision only to have mediocre results or even worse, gaining the weight back. Try Premier Protein shakes. If you put them in the freezer, the vanilla and Caramel ones tase just as good as a milkshake. Hang in there and keep your eye on the prize! If you made the decision to have the surgery, you can get through these next few weeks without cheating!

Thank u so much..yeah i had french fries just to test on the food which i can eat..but almost everyday i am on soup..i prefer Soup to pureed diet..i had cheese and yogurt too. Well as for the Premier Protein shakes i will try n see if i can get it here in Singapore. But i am loosing tremendous weight so i guess its my hard work n diet too..😂

Put your foods in a blender and puree it, then eat slowly. Just make sure it is pureed.

1 hour ago, AggiG said:

Put your foods in a blender and puree it, then eat slowly. Just make sure it is pureed.

Not every doctor has that in the plan. I went from 2 weeks of liquids to 2 weeks of soft foods, no puree stage. I was allowed to puree if I wanted but I didn't.

On 11/26/2019 at 03:57, lvidacovich said:

Not every doctor has that in the plan. I went from 2 weeks of liquids to 2 weeks of soft foods, no puree stage. I was allowed to puree if I wanted but I didn't.

What were some of the soft foods you had?? And when will you be able to go into solid food? ? 5th week or 6th week??

7 hours ago, Ashley Menon said:

What were some of the soft foods you had?? And when will you be able to go into solid food? ? 5th week or 6th week??

No, I was cleared to eat anything but raw veggies and salad by week 4 after surgery. For soft foods I did eggs, chili, ground meats, Beans, tofu, etc.

On 11/26/2019 at 21:13, lvidacovich said:

No, I was cleared to eat anything but raw veggies and salad by week 4 after surgery. For soft foods I did eggs, chili, ground meats, Beans, tofu, etc.

Any idea if bread is allowed?

22 minutes ago, Ashley Menon said:

Any idea if bread is allowed?

I would say its absolutely not allowed. Carbs, sugar, etc. It's also not super easy to digest.

I really hope after 5th week i should be able to eat all type of food.. sometimes i eat fries 2-3 and i realise i get indigestion immediately or probably food not able to flow down and thats when i have to vomit out..dats y i prefer to stay with my soupy diet instead..but i am able to chew vegetables as i put it in e pressure cooker and it turns extremely soft

Every doctor is different BUT by week 4 I was able to eat pretty much anything so by 5 you should be ok.