Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustration has kicked in

Hello Everyone!

Ok, so I'm 3 weeks post op (surgery was on May 27th) and seem to have hit the 3 week stall a bit earlier. The scale has barely moved during the last week, plus I got back to work last Monday and it's harder to tackle old habits and anxiety here. I've handled it quite well and stuck to my nutritionist's guidelines, though it's VERY hard to eat more than 30 grams of Protein at lunch and dinner. She recommended 60 grams on those meals, but since I wasn't able to do it I should add an egg white during the afternoon to get a good protein intake.

I'm also having a hard time understanding my body. One bite over capacity and I'll be rushing to the bathroom to vomit (or try to), and since that varies with the type and consistency of the food I still don't understand when I'm getting there. Trying to pace myself during meals to avoid that feeling.

So, adding all these, I'm getting a bit frustrated. I know this will pass, but still, I need more coping mechanisms for my anxiety.

I appreciate any tips or positive comments to remind me that this is definitely not the easy way out!

Cheers!

So.... going back to work definitely heightened my anxiety PLUS the fact that I've only lost 15lbs since April 25th. What I do now is take a walk thru the building when my anxiety kicks in at work. I put up a "restroom" sign & start walking. It has helped my anxiety tremendously, however this stubborn weight is taking its time to leave me. I purchased GENEPRO Protein to ensure I get all my protein in. Try walking more with deep breaths in & out for your anxiety. I wish you the best of luck!!!

eat very slowly to allow yourself to learn how it feels to be full and for your body to process those signals.

it is very likely that your hormonal balance and signaling is very off or down right broken at this point.

it does take some time for things to come around and then for you to learn to recognize these signals.

my advice

1. get in your Water - dehydration is your enemy

2. Protein is a Goal to work toward not a be all end all. At first you will not get there but you will work Toward it.

just work on getting in all your water and then work toward your protein. then work toward your calorie goal.

at this early point you need to just get comfortable with yourself. the rest will come in the days weeks and then months ahead.

as for the stall - every time you change your diet stage you will most likely stall as this is very disruptive.