Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my sleeve surgery on April 10th, things went great, no complications, no pain , lost weight quickly for the first 3 weeks , now I’ve stalled since ... is this normal? Any tips on how to get past this stall? Thanks

Just keep doing what your doctor/healthcare team has told you to do. Stalls are very common around this time. I’ve stalled for a month before and was so worried but eventually the weight started flying off again. This may not be your last stall, but just remember that as long as your following your plan, everything works out in the end

Thanks for the encouragement upinmyhead, I just tend to get impatient and looking forward to hitting my goal weight

5 hours ago, upinmyhead said:

Just keep doing what your doctor/healthcare team has told you to do. Stalls are very common around this time. I’ve stalled for a month before and was so worried but eventually the weight started flying off again. This may not be your last stall, but just remember that as long as your following your plan, everything works out in the end

This is correct. Stick to what your Bariatric Team told you and the stalls will pass. The stalls are frustrating but it all works out in the end.

16 hours ago, BigWill619 said:

Thanks for the encouragement upinmyhead, I just tend to get impatient and looking forward to hitting my goal weight

Also do a search for stalls on this site, you will see that everyone usually have them around the 3 week mark, after reading some of the stories I think that you will feel better...keep doing wht you are doing, you got this!! :)

Thanks Wanda ,, I will read people’s story’s and congrats on the A1C numbers ,, that’s my goal to get my A1C better and completely get off the meds , I’ve already been taken off metforman, insulin went from 80 units a day down to 20 units a day since the surgery,, and my blood pressure is the best my dr has ever seen it .. now if this pesky weight can get back on track

yep the 3-4 weeks stall. the 3-4 month stall which I just got out of lol hang in there

4 hours ago, BigWill619 said:

Thanks Wanda ,, I will read people’s story’s and congrats on the A1C numbers ,, that’s my goal to get my A1C better and completely get off the meds , I’ve already been taken off metforman, insulin went from 80 units a day down to 20 units a day since the surgery,, and my blood pressure is the best my dr has ever seen it .. now if this pesky weight can get back on track

Thank you. That's great!! you are seeing results quickly. I understand how you feel I think that we all felt that way in the beginning but after a while you will just learn to follow the plan because your body is going to do what it wants at 9 months out some months I only lose 1 lb but I don't stress anymore because it's coming off and I know that I'm following my plan. Congratulations and keep up the good job

On 5/6/2019 at 10:53 AM, BigWill619 said:

is this normal

yep

try to relax and let it pass. I know this doesn't sound helpful but you are in a marathon not a sprint. Follow your doctors plan and build those new and improved habits and the weight will come off. In 18 months you will not even remember this week or this stall.

I know how focused on the now we get during the early parts of this journey but it is just a small part of the experience you will have during the next 18-24 months.

Work to stay positive and upbeat cause this is more a metal battle going forward.

good luck

On 05/07/2019 at 12:56, allwet said:

yep

try to relax and let it pass. I know this doesn't sound helpful but you are in a marathon not a sprint. Follow your doctors plan and build those new and improved habits and the weight will come off. In 18 months you will not even remember this week or this stall.

I know how focused on the now we get during the early parts of this journey but it is just a small part of the experience you will have during the next 18-24 months.

Work to stay positive and upbeat cause this is more a metal battle going forward.

good luck

Right on ,, thank you for the encouragement.. you are right , I’m looking at the now instead of the whole race .. I appreciated your words and I will definitely stick thru the plan my team set up .. this forum has really helped me realize that this is just a normal part of the experience,, thanks you guys