Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 4 days post-op and I find that I am struggling with hunger. I’m drinking the Water and Protein Shakes, but I’m still very hungry. Am I the only one who is/has struggling/ed wish this? If so, what did you do? What should I do?

Are you sure it is true hunger and not an acidy feeling in your pouch? Are you on any meds for heartburn? If it is true hunger it will get better as you move through the food stages. Sorry you're feeling this way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Briswife15 said:

Are you sure it is true hunger and not an acidy feeling in your pouch? Are you on any meds for heartburn? If it is true hunger it will get better as you move through the food stages. Sorry you're feeling this way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m not Really sure. Monday was just a bad day for me.

Thought I was hungry, made myself a baby bowl of wheaties and honey bunchs of oats. OMG, I was eating slow and easy, all the sudden nausea and I think I am going to puke it up. I hate to deprecate my Run but I almost never puked in my prior-to- surgery life, now 4 to 7 times a week. And it is often mild , low-seasoned items, makes no sense! And (sniff) thought Tuesday would be a Terrific day💦Only thing I hate more than nausea is the actual puking and upper chest wall pain. 😭😪😥

I’m hungry too. It started about my 8th day post op. I’m more active, the stomach acid is way better, I feel good but at the end of the day I’m very hungry. It’s hard not to eat too much: I’ll eat 5 or 6 ounces of something thick like cream of wheat or puréed Soup and in a while I feel better. It sure feels like real hunger, but it could be head hunger. I don’t know.

I was hungry for the first week after surgery, until I could start pureed foods. The liquids were not filling me up. I am never hungry now, since I have started solid foods. I only eat because I know I must or I feel my blood sugar is low, but it is never because I feel hungry.

Often stomach acid is mistaken for hunger right after surgery

When I get that hunger pang (I'm only 2 days post op) I take one of those muscle spasm pills and it helps me feel better. Glad to know I'm not the only one who is hungry right now, and I'm hoping it goes away with puree like some f you suggested!

I too feel hungry I had surgery on June 10th and if I eat even Soup that is too thick I feel nauseous. So I find I haven't been eating enough at all

Sent from my SM-N950W using BariatricPal mobile app

I too feel hungry I had surgery on June 10th and if I eat even Soup that is too thick I feel nauseous. So I find I haven't been eating enough at all

I actually thought I was crazy and alone because how could you feel hungry after you had major surgery LOL

By the 4th day you should be on full liquids. I felt like I was starving too! My hubby bought me some cream of chicken Soup and strained it for me. It was soo good because it tasted like food and not broth. I could only eat a couple spoonfuls but it did make a positive difference. Try some cream soup.

I am 10 days post op and feel like I am hungry especially later in the day. I am drinking between 50-64 ounces of fluids and eating a Protein source every 2-3 hours. Any ideas what I can do to get the hunger feeling to pass?