Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know some people use like the little cups that you dispense medicine in. Or can you use a regular cup

Oh, I see! I have 2 oz espresso glasses, and have also learned to sip small amounts from a 24 oz water bottle. I don't usually "over sip", but when I do I get a sore pouch!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Two points that I think of here -

1 - you really don't have to worry about special cups or sipping pre-op as everything works normally; post-op you will likely have some inflammation in the stomach that limits the flow through the stomach, so we need to sip, sip, sip all the day long to get our fluids in until the inflammation resolves and we can drink more normally (which can vary widely from a few days to a few weeks.)

2 - do you even need to do any kind of liquid diet pre-op, or do you just want to "practice" for post-op? Most don't have to do an exclusively liquid diet pre-op, and many don't need to do any diet at all, so check with your program before going overboard on preparing based upon what others may have to do. As to the idea of "practicing", I found that my body regulated things quite well - it will tell you quite quickly if you are drinking too fast.

A shot glass or 1 oz medicine cup works well. If you can sip 1 oz every five minutes, that's 12 oz per hour and you can get your nominal 64 oz of liquids down in a little over five hours spread through the day; that, of course, is unnecessary pre-op when you can down 12 oz in a minute or two.

I received a supply of the medicine cups at the hospital to take home. I also bought a one/two ounce shot glass and a good set of measuring spoons for tablespoon/teaspoon measures. That is all I have meeded so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I LOVE this post. I'm pre OP as well and was curious what kind of cups everyone was using. I'll have to invest in some of these cups. I think I'm going to end up starting my preop diet early to try to maximize weight loss and shrink my liver as much as possible.

I LOVE this post. I'm pre OP as well and was curious what kind of cups everyone was using. I'll have to invest in some of these cups. I think I'm going to end up starting my preop diet early to try to maximize weight loss and shrink my liver as much as possible.
Yes that is what I'm doing it's hard at first but with a little support it gets easier

5 minutes ago, reese28 said:

Yes that is what I'm doing it's hard at first but with a little support it gets easier

Do you have an idea of when your surgery might be yet? My nurse said I'll probably be late may or early june.

Bought 2 glass shot glasses at Wally World , they have been my go-to- s. Also bought a bag of those little plastic condiment cups from,over in gricery, they also hold exactly 2 oz A few times when I wasn't sleepung, I set up my morning pills in them and snapped the lid on. If I managed to fall back asleep they would be ready and waiting for me. No digging them all out one by one and lining them up in a row like good little soldiers.