Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tempted to cheat during liquid diet?

I’m on my second day of my 2week liquid diet before my surgery on the 23rd. Man, I’m struggling, but I haven’t cheated at all. When my husband was cooking supper, I thought I was going to lose it. I held my composure. Any one else cheat or wanted to?

Hang in there. It gets easier after a few days. I got thru the 2 weeks with no cheating by reminding myself that I was shrinking my liver to make my surgery safer. Hope that helps...

@Mjrteach It's true; after the first few days your cravings should drastically decrease as your body adjusts to the fact that more food is not coming it's way. Right now it's in confused mode wondering what in the world is going on, but once your body switches to burning reserves you should be predominantly free & clear of cravings. As Izucks says above, try to keep in mind that you are making the surgery easier & therefore safer for you and your surgeon.

12 hours ago, Mjrteach said:

I’m on my second day of my 2week liquid diet before my surgery on the 23rd. Man, I’m struggling, but I haven’t cheated at all. When my husband was cooking supper, I thought I was going to lose it. I held my composure. Any one else cheat or wanted to?

Can you go for a walk while he is cooking and eating? Or maybe go to the gym? Or go to another room/floor to watch the news?
Something so you don't have to smell it. LOL

2 hours ago, Jenwill630 said:

Can you go for a walk while he is cooking and eating? Or maybe go to the gym? Or go to another room/floor to watch the news?
Something so you don't have to smell it. LOL

Yeah! And if you can't walk (weather, etc.) go for a drive and crank the tunes while he's cooking. I think the smell of food would be harder to get through vs. just seeing it. Good luck, you can do this!

Thank all of you who replied! I know I’ll make it, I just had to rant. Hearing from people who are in the same shoes helps tremendously!

7 minutes ago, Mjrteach said:

Thank all of you who replied! I know I’ll make it, I just had to rant. Hearing from people who are in the same shoes helps tremendously!

Vent away!!!!

I am kind of lucky. My hubby goes out on the road a few days after my surgery, so it will be just me and my son. My neighbor already offered to have him over for dinner that next week that I will be on liquids so I don't have to cook food. LOL

Funny story..... I was on my last 3 days of my two week all liquid before the V Sleeve. Hurricane on the way so the plan was to stock up on the food for everyone if we loose power for a few days. So bacon is on the list. I just lost it. The smell just so good and I could not cheat with only 3 days left till surgery. SO I LICKED IT!!!!! LMAO I didn't eat it, RIGHT!! But it help kill the craving for eating it. We all find ways to get the craving under control.

14 minutes ago, Liz The New Me said:

Funny story..... I was on my last 3 days of my two week all liquid before the V Sleeve. Hurricane on the way so the plan was to stock up on the food for everyone if we loose power for a few days. So bacon is on the list. I just lost it. The smell just so good and I could not cheat with only 3 days left till surgery. SO I LICKED IT!!!!! LMAO I didn't eat it, RIGHT!! But it help kill the craving for eating it. We all find ways to get the craving under control.

I love that story!! In the midst of a hurricane, bacon was way more important! 😂

In case any of you are still on your liquid phase, my nutritionist told me to heat up my pre-mixed chocolate Protein Drink like a hot chocolate. I did it yesterday at work, and it was amazing! Actually a lot better than regular hot chocolate. Also, with it being cold outside, the heated up Protein was very calming and soothing. I just took my time and sipped it while I worked. I'm a high school librarian, and my students were cracking up at me for making such a big deal out of heated up chocolate protein. Lol Whatever gets me through, right?