Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a question, can you smoke omit for pain killers when I come home? I don't mind having it at the hospital, but once I'm home can I smoke marijuana for pain? I really don't like pills ever since I had a pill addiction in 2002. Does anyone smoke weed on here, ONLY for pain?

Sent from my 5049Z using BariatricPal mobile app

Probably not a good idea to smoke right after surgery. Being under anesthesia really messes with your lungs, that's why they give spirometer thing to breathe into. I think that smoking right after surgery will greatly increase your risk for pneumonia.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ty for your response, I know I saw a lot of testimonials on YouTube saying use hot n cold compresses too..

Not a problem. I waited about a month before smoking again.
Hot and cold compresses for the pain? How long will you be staying in the hospital?
Personally I didnt really need the pain meds once I left the hospital. They sent me home with liquid hydrocodone and I wound up tossing it (addiction runs in family).

Yes, I was referring to weed. Although I dont recommend smoking cigs right after surgery either. If you OD-ed on pills before, I think you should definitely try to stay away from all pain meds if you can after surgery. Make sure to be totally upfront and honest with them about your past history.

Yes, I was referring to weed. Although I dont recommend smoking cigs right after surgery either. If you OD-ed on pills before, I think you should definitely try to stay away from all pain meds if you can after surgery. Make sure to be totally upfront and honest with them about your past history.

I quit smoking for good 3 yes on Nye. Yes I'm very honest with my drs so I'll just home ready my pain or I'll take a Advil if it's possible

I quit smoking for good 3 yes on Nye. Yes I'm very honest with my drs so I'll just home ready my pain or I'll take a Advil if it's possible

No NSAIDS after surgery

Congratulations on quitting smoking for almost 3 years btw

Ok so no Advil, Tylenol, but pain pills? default_sad.png&key=eede538cefacefd5b09bc3209f264a659ab0a07f9d0c9c28b43ddf136bc5059a

You could do Tylenol

They won’t give you anything too intense for pain since nausea is a known side effect of painkillers and they don’t want you throwing up with fresh staples in your stomach. They sent me home with Tramadol.

Unfortunately I don’t think cannabis is going to be a good option for treating pain immediately after surgery. But they won’t sent you home from the hospital unless your pain is fairly well-controlled.

I was sent home the morning after surgery from my sleeve. The post op pain was not bad at all, mostly some soreness and gas pain. I took nothing for pain for 2 days and then had soreness at my upper incision so I took a dose of my pain medication at night for two nights. They only sent me home with 3 doses of liquid pain medication so they don't expect much problem with pain either. If you avoid it and take only acetaminophen, which I think is completely doable, do not take pills. You will need to buy the liquid children's formula and convert your dosage. And NO Advil, ibuprofen, etc. Only acetaminophen. I could have totally done it without any meds but wanted a little more comfort to sleep.

I know everyone is different but I had only 1 Day of discomfort and that was the ride Home after Surgery.I had 0 shoulder pain or gas pain if that’s what you wanna call it .My Gallbladder Surgery the Year before I was 100% more uncomfortable compared to the sleeve