Jump to content
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

follow-up and my experience

Recommended Posts

Follow-up to this post.

This went away a few days after I posted. My theory is that I got a pill stuck (a large antibiotic) in my esophagus and it caused a bit of a burn. I took the pill before bed without enough Water.

Just took a few days to heel.

I'm now 3 weeks and 3 days out. Have lost just under 20lbs thus far and its been pretty painless.

I have noticed that my restriction isn't where it was in the first couple weeks but if you eat enough it certainly lets you know.

The biggest benefits are lack of hunger pangs and a built in portfolio control mechanism.

It would be easy to graze all day especially on soft foods. One must guard against that.

My typical day (though Thanksgiving and a big birthday party yesterday were exceptions looks like this):

breakfast: fage 2% yogurt (with a little splenda and some cinnamon) or Atkins Protein Shake ~200 cals

lunch: small or medium Soup or chili from soup place near my office ~200-300 cals

dinner: 3.5oz tuna (half of 7oz can) or similar amount of canned chicken, celery salt, a squirt of avocado oil mayo (Sir Kensington), and half of an avocado. ~400 cals

late snack: half a fage yogurt or cottage cheese. ~100 cals

This is the first time in my life that I've ever been able to eat "half" of anything.

I probably need to tone down the tuna at some point due to mercury.

Lastly, I can't get the water down that I need to. I'm just not thirsty. That remains an uphill battle.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, looks like you got this!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Jen M

      3/19 - It wasn't a bad day I stayed up quite a bit much of the day. Have to focus on walking more before it gets too hot to walk outside at all.   Pain was less, but insomnia has kicked in the last two nights
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • JessLess

      I hit Onderland today! I feel great!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      Purim starts tonight!  
      · 2 replies
      1. FluffyChix

        Happy Purim! Glad he saved yall! :)

      2. GreenTealael


    • GreenTealael  »  othella

      💜💜 Safe journey and congratulations 💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Jen M

      2019 - A New Year and a New Start on life!!!!
      On 3/14 - I went into the Hospital at 6am to have my surgery <the sleeve>.   My weigh at that time was 278 pounds.   On this day I was in and out of it I don't remember a whole lot I just remember being in a lot of pain.
      On 3/15 - They made me get up and walk a few times in the middle of the night and walk doctor came in and I was able to be discharged if I was eating and doing everything on his little checklist.   I went home at 6pm.  All I remember was going home crawling into bed and taking more pain medicine it felt like I got hit in the stomach about 50 times.
      On 3/16 - I know they say that walking is the best thing you can do after having surgeries but I was not feeling it at all every time I sat up, I got dizzy needless to say this day I didn't get much walking in and the smell of food just made me gag.  I couldn't even take the pain medicine that was in liquid form.  I stayed in bed for most of the day.
      On 3/17 - I did a lot better on this day I was actually able to eat a little bit of Jell-O and drink a little bit of broth.    Still can't seem to take that pain medicine without wanting to gag.   I definitely have been able to keep down water and even had my nephew take a little bit of Crystal Light and some ice chips and mix it in a bullet to make like a slushie.  That was yummy!
      This brings me to today 3/18 - I have been trying to drink protein water to get protein in my body. I was able to eat some Jell-O today and keep it down. I also was able to sit up for 5 hours and was able to be sociable again.  I was also finally able to take some pain medicine again without gagging <Thank God>.     Pain is slowly going away.   I have my first one week doctor visit on 3/20 so we will see how that goes
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

  • Together, we have lost...