Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you Move it?

I'm wondering what people are doing for exercise? What are your favorite classes, work outs, videos?
Do you hike, walk, swim, dance?

I have been taking my self for walks and swimming a little. The idea of bouncing a lot (running, aerobics... so forth) does not sound pleasant for my tummy, and I'm nervous to try sit ups or crunches and things. Looking for more idea's, especially as the weather gets cool.

Thanks!

I usually do more low impact cardio. I use YouTube videos right now. I started with Leslie Sansone and I've done some of the HIIT for beginners programs, and I really like a Beachbody program called Slim in 6 (Burn it Up) that's on YouTube. I can't do the whole thing (yet) but I skip ahead and do some of each of the segments.

21 minutes ago, photogirl70 said:

I usually do more low impact cardio. I use YouTube videos right now. I started with Leslie Sansone and I've done some of the HIIT for beginners programs, and I really like a Beachbody program called Slim in 6 (Burn it Up) that's on YouTube. I can't do the whole thing (yet) but I skip ahead and do some of each of the segments.

thanks! I'll look them up...and skipping bits sounds like a great idea. So many of those videos are just waaaay too high intensity for me so far.

8 minutes ago, Leia said:

thanks! I'll look them up...and skipping bits sounds like a great idea. So many of those videos are just waaaay too high intensity for me so far.

Leslie Sansone is NOT high intensity at all. It's a great program for someone that just wants to move. IMHO it get boring after a while and I want something more challenging. (Even though I don't have the energy to get though a whole program LOL). Slim in 6 will have some moves that she will show you a modified version of the move so I like that. I really like the HIIT programs. I just search various videos and some have modified moved and others don't. The thing about HIIT is that it's doesn't get boring and you can challenge yourself as you build stamina to get more reps in. My surgeon has cleared me for core work, abs, etc and said I could get as intense as my body would allow.

I work out with a personal trainer Mon and Wed for 30 min then I do an additional 30 - 50 minutes on elliptical or a combination of stair stepper and elliptical. Rest of the time I break it up and do treadmill, walk outside, elliptical, stair stepper. I also take a 45 min yoga core class and a 20 minutes arms/abs class on Tuesdays. My office has a gym with 2 trainers. They have classes every day and they also offer 30 and 60 min personal training (for a fee of course). I find I am not good at doing exercise when I am at home because of all the other items pulling at my calendar so I come into work early or leave late to accommodate getting workouts in.

I have around 6 Jessica Smith DVDs that I enjoy. All total I have a good 30 DVDs from all sorts of people. I like to do 30 minutes first thing in the morning.

I also walk the dog.

Doc has given me clearance for more aggressive exercise so the treadmill will be getting some attention soon. I like to do speed and incline intervals on that.

I walk an hour a day (outdoors, with some hills) and work out with a trainer twice a week doing weights and strength training. There's a kickboxing gym near me that I'm looking into, as well.