Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery 3 weeks ago.

I'm having trouble even passing fluids bad nausea and comes with a headache. I been hospitalized 2 times and know I have home care with a IV to get my nutrients. Its overwhelming and I'm frustrated. Did anyone else have this problem? My surgeon said my stomach is swollen and might need to make some incisions to cut some muscles on my stomach. Please help I need advice.1533663655427.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so sorry that you have been having complications since surgery! I pray things get better for you!

6 hours ago, mayravgonzalez said:

I'm having trouble even passing fluids bad nausea and comes with a Headache. I been hospitalized 2 times and know I have home care with a IV to get my nutrients. Its overwhelming and I'm frustrated. Did anyone else have this problem? My surgeon said my stomach is swollen and might need to make some incisions to cut some muscles on my stomach. Please help I need advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so very sorry that you are going through all of this. I will pray for you to heal and the journey to get easier. I have no practical advice because I have not had my surgery yet. I just wanted to let you know that someone is listening and rooting for you.

Hi, oh dear, your situation sounds challenging. I’m 3 weeks out also, to be exact. 16 days, and healing ok, inside and out. Very little nausea, onto soft mushy food.. Did you have a upper GI the day after surgery? The Dr. then checks for any leakage and/ or problems after surgery and if so, keeps you in the hospital for further observation/ correction. It’s pretty standard procedure..Yes, your abdomen and stomach will be swollen a bit after surgery, normal, but your situation sounds unique. In comparison, I take my chewable bariatric Vitamins daily, Isopure Protein Drink and Premiere Protein Drink, 1 Greek yogurt, smushed banana or avocado when the mood strikes,..Refried Beans have been ok, not spicy..sugar free Jello is nice. Campbell’s chicken noodle Soup. (more soup than noodle) and constant hydration.. your getting hydrated and nutrition through your IV. which is great. The calories add up quick so, I would keep at at about 1,000 in the future, once your situation stabilizes..Maybe your body is going through a shock or serious readjustment. Maybe your very sensitive to surgery.. it’s possible your liver or gall bladder is acting up.. if your dialing back any medication after surgery, that could be giving you headaches. Protein is the key. For future reference, Unjury medical quality Protein Powder can be added to anything to bump up the protein levels.. but, I did meet a gal last week who couldn’t have the surgery because she couldn’t tolerate any protein due to kidney or liver problems (I can’t remember which,, geez). I’m so sorry..your experiencing this. I would ask some hard questions if this doesn’t start to ease up in another week.. Hopefully it will, and this event will be a distant memory.. Hang in there...Good Luck!!