Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, I am going on my 4th month of dieting for my per-surgery. I have finished all the blood work, EKG, Upper Endoscopy, X-Ray... then I had the sleep study a few days ago... today I was contacted that I do indeed have sleep apnea. I have to now have the second step to get the Cpap machine. I was told by my doctor I need to wear the machine for at least 3 weeks prior to surgery. I am looking at an October surgery date. I so far have went from 352 lbs to 336 lbs. I need to lose 32lbs.

Any sleep apnea friends? October surgery buddies?

I have Slept with a Cpap for over 12 years. Put it on every night. It takes some getting use to, but I find that most people aren’t persistent & give up on it to easily & too soon.

I'm not giving up on Uncle Snuffly, you see I know I never will be free. I had 70 episodes an hour, that's about 1 per minute, and my father had it also. Although,it isn't always hereditary mine will be. As soon as I finish my dance toward Bariatric Surgery my Tomkitten may have to have a sleep eval also. Rather he'd inherit money from me instead of this!😰

I absolutely HATE mine. I am hoping i wont need to use it long after surgery!

I HATE mine so much. But I wear it religiously every night. It never gets better. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer and I will be one of the lucky ones who gets to stop wearing it.

I started on a CPAP within the last 3 years (never needed it until I ballooned up to my highest weight), and it has been such a burden! I went on a trip to Germany for 3 weeks, and it was a nightmare to carry around with me everywhere. And whenever I overnight somewhere, it has to come with me. A pain in my @$$, but air in my lungs. I can't wait to lose enough weight that I don't need it anymore.

That being said, it really has made a positive difference in how I sleep and my wakefulness throughout the day - I hope you can get used to it quickly, and that it will help you.

Never thought of stashing in the wardrobe for personal love- in- time. You are no shrinking Violet!

Hahahhaa you guys always know how to make me feel better about a crappy situation! I have to schedule the second sleep study Monday and hopefully they can get all this taken care of prior to October! How long was everyone off work that had gastric?

I sleep with mine every night so my husband doesn’t hit🤣

I also sleep with mine every night. Can’t sleep without it. Don’t particularly like traveling through airports with it, but that’s my biggest complaint. I never forget that it helps keep me alive.

I can’t deny I wake up more rested and have more energy throughout the day. I hope to get rid of mine once I’ve lost the weight. I’m required for the first 90 days to use mine 4 hours per night at least 21 nights a month for the insurance to pay for it. That allows a couple of nights off and if I happen to wake up and I’ve reached my 4hours I pop it off and enjoy the rest of my night in whatever position makes me most comfortable.

I have a few friends who have said they definitely feel better with it on and it makes them feel more rested

I have slept with aa Cpap for a couple years I feel it saved my life. I’m looking at November for my surgery