Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New sleevers: Anyone else simply exhausted and napping?

I have sleep apnea and insomnia, so I'm used to my sleep being disturbed. But I haven't really woken up for a couple of days! I've only lost 10 pounds since the surgery (6/13) and I'm afraid this is some insidious plot by my body to reduce my metabolism. What do I do? Let me rephrase that: What do I do without coffee?

:69_zzz:

Are you still taking any pain meds that make you drowsy? I did nothing but sleep and sip Water for a few days after surgery, but once I started weaning off the hydrocodone, it started to become easier to stay awake.

I had my procedure on the 21st and slept for 3 days. I finally snapped out of it. Now, I'm having a hard time finding a good Soup that doesn't make me gag. And these hunger pains are awful!!! Has anyone else experienced hunger pains?

52 minutes ago, sleevedinschool said:

Are you still taking any pain meds that make you drowsy? I did nothing but sleep and sip Water for a few days after surgery, but once I started weaning off the hydrocodone, it started to become easier to stay awake.

I did take an oxy last night, but wouldn't have expected 5 mg to have had such an effect. I don't expect to take one tonight, so we'll see.

I was tired all the time after my surgery. The first two weeks I was on a liquid diet. The reason for the tiredness was twofold. 1- My body was healing from the surgery and 2- I was only getting liquids. After a week and a half I started feeling more energetic.

It took me about 2w post op not to need a little nap. Keep walking, get your Protein and Water, and rest when your body needs it. You're healing from major surgery!

Surgery 6/11/18. My husband asked me last week what I was trying to do with my "sleep schedule". I was like, well, when I get tired I am going to sleep. I am on a more regular schedule now, but his OCD tendencies crack me up. I have never been a napper, until I started the pre-op diet. I am no longer napping, but still waking up several times during the night. I have also been walking the treadmill longer each day, hoping it will keep me asleep longer.

2 weeks and 6 days out. I was pretty much hibernating the first week. I’m able to do things now but I go to sleep as soon as I get home if I go run errands or something. I get easily exhausted.