Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi July people!

Are you ready for this? Happy, excited, nervous? Any revision patents out there? Have you tried out your Protein Shakes yet? My hospital and surgeon is requiring me to have a 2 week pre-op diet to shrink my liver prior to VSG surgery. I purchased the Syntrax Nectar sample packets. With 17 flavors, I can weed out the ones I like and don't like. Otherwise, I'm ready to do this!

What about you guys?! Are you ready?

Edited by Jodi1980

I am most definitely ready! I have my EGD on the 12th then my gallbladder US/pre op on the 17th. My surgery date is July 23rd which is 5 days after my 22nd birthday (😱😱). So it'll be interesting to have my birthday dinner be my "last meal". But I've cleared out my house and started seriously tracking for the past few weeks so I'm hoping to be as ready as can be.

I'm holding off until July before I buy anymore Protein Shakes. I'm planning on buying the Syntrax Nectar and Premier Protein to balance the unflavored stuff I plan to add to everything lol.

HW: 255
CW: 248.2
GW1:200

Im so ready! My surgery date is July 17th. Preop is on the 9th. I have a pre op diet class next week which is the day I will know what my preop diet will consist of...Honestly I'm more nervous about the damn preop diet at this point than the surgery! (I'm sure that will change!!). I used to be very concerned about recovery and immediate post op discomfort, trouble swallowing, etc. But I have had the great fortune of being able to talk to a group of patients that all received their surgery by my dr or his associate and they all had little to no discomfort, pain, or complications. I was very encouraged by that.

Chunkysoup- YASSS! Having other patients to talk to and the support is key! This unfortunately isn't my first rodeo (had my 1st vsg october of 2012) Support and having the resources when you fall off the wagon is crucial for staying on track! I can honestly say after having my son and switching my medications that I didn't utilize my resources with successful weight loss. I lost 95 lbs and gained 65 back. I'm luckily getting a second chance to make it right!

FutureRN19- Happy early birthday! What a great present! Here's to a healthy new life for you! :455_rosette:

Just hit my 90 day mark for both my journey and the mandatory time period insurance requires. Went in to see my surgeon initially to schedule a naval hernia repair and he recommended WLS to decrease future issues with hernias. I had kind of thought about it prior but never seriously. Anyway, I have a tentative date of July 12 pending insurance approval. Start my 2 week pre op diet on the 28th of this month. Although it really hasn't been a long time period it seems it's been waaaayyyy longer. Best of luck to all of you and speedy recoveries all around.

I’m having a VSG on July 3, at least that’s the plan. My feet are getting a bit chilly. I came here to find a community I can talk to about this whole process. Everyone seems so compassionate so far.

17 minutes ago, libbyleeb said:

I’m having a VSG on July 3, at least that’s the plan. My feet are getting a bit chilly. I came here to find a community I can talk to about this whole process. Everyone seems so compassionate so far.

You will absolutely find what you are looking for and more here. Very compassionate and extremely helpful folks here. Just don't let them little piggies get cold. From all the advice and positive stories l have read here I am sure you will be successful and happy with sticking with it. Cheers to a better future for all of us!!!!

You will absolutely find what you are looking for and more here. Very compassionate and extremely helpful folks here. Just don't let them little piggies get cold. From all the advice and positive stories l have read here I am sure you will be successful and happy with sticking with it. Cheers to a better future for all of us!!!!

Thank you! [emoji5]

We got this! Cold feets happen! Sometimes it's Christmas in July @libbyleeb ;)

Hello everyone! I am a July sleever as well!! My date is on July 2nd! I’m so excited and anxious!! It’s been a long time coming and it is now just around the corner. My program doesn’t require a preop diet. However I have read that those who do the diet have an easier transition afterwards so I am doing a version myself! Can’t wait to go on this journey will you guys! 💜

@AshAsh12 that's great! Wishing you the best! :)

In my book to prep us before surgery, the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver which sits right next to the stomach.

The body does some crazy things!

Hey everyone! I’m scheduled for July 6th but haven’t gotten my approval yet- it’s taking so long! Met with my surgeon yesterday and got all of my pre-op diet info plus all the information for the phases after. Kinda freaked a little while I was there and walked out wondering if this is what I want to do, but I KNOW I want this so not sure what my problem is!!! How many people have you told about your surgery?? I’m not really that private of a person, but I am so afraid of failing at this that I’ve only told my hubby and kids.

Hey everyone! I’m scheduled for July 6th but haven’t gotten my approval yet- it’s taking so long! Met with my surgeon yesterday and got all of my pre-op diet info plus all the information for the phases after. Kinda freaked a little while I was there and walked out wondering if this is what I want to do, but I KNOW I want this so not sure what my problem is!!! How many people have you told about your surgery?? I’m not really that private of a person, but I am so afraid of failing at this that I’ve only told my hubby and kids.

I haven’t told a lot of people either. I’ve heard so many people make negative judgements and tell horror stories about weight loss surgery. Not first hand experience, of course. I just don’t want to be defending my decision to everyone, or even worse, doubting my decision.

On the other hand, my father was one of the people I dreaded telling but, when I did, he was surprisingly okay with it. He’s usually a real suck it up and pull yourself up by your bootstraps type. I suppose once I start losing a lot, I’ll have to tell people something.

What are you all planning to share or not?

Hi! I'm also having the surgery in July...on the 16th in Australia. I've already started the pre-op diet (Optifast) and finding it okay.

I'm just telling people as they need to know, like if they ask. I'm not too worried about negative nancys, I figure it's their problem if they want to be so negative all the time, not mine. Hopefully I'll find this forum more active than the Australian ones...it seems everyone has migrated to Facebook and I don't do Facebook.