Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree soft food ideas

I'm 1 more week of puree then thicker mushies for 2 weeks before soft foods weeks 5-12.

Give me some ideas I'm bored.

Soups? Give me some of your favs.

Also, I'm literally full at 1.5-2oz of food. How long does this typically last? It's great to be full but making food seems such a chore for eating 1 oz. I think of rather eat some store bought easy stuff vs making from scratch until I have a little more room to eat.

fat free refried Beans go down easy. Oikos tripple zero yogurt is packed with Protein and no added sugar of any kind.

I ate quite a bit of 2% cottage cheese in that phase.

Lots of Soups go easily in the blender. I used mostly canned vegetable and veg beef. Also made a homemade Soup called "Souper easy Mexican Bean Soup" that was great, wife liked it very much without the blending. Recipe out on internet. I would simply blend up enough for 3-4 servings and package them in individual servings of say 4-5 oz each. Baby oatmeal or even blended regular oatmeal works real well

I think a key is finding a truly "No Flavor and taste free" Protein that you can add to anything. I tried several of the non-flavored versions of brand Proteins but they always added some vanilla taste to anything I mixed them with. Didn't always go well as I did throw more than 1 item away.

I finally found GENEPRO, a truly tasteless Protein Powder. You can mix 1 TBsp of the powder for 30 gm protein into plain Water with no taste. While it seems much more expensive per ounce it really isn't per serving. I usually add 1 or 2 tsp (10gms protein each) to things I need or want more protein from with no change in taste. Bottom line, I can now add protein to anything I want to, even my Decaf coffee or wasted calories like corn flakes or Rice Krispies.

Google the ricotta bake it is delicious. I did it but put it in a muffin tin which is amazing. Best of luck

30 minutes ago, roux_val said:

Google the ricotta bake it is delicious. I did it but put it in a muffin tin which is amazing. Best of luck

I'm going to have to look up that recipe :)

My favorite lunch at the moment is a single corn cruskit (24 calories) + 1/4 of a smallish hass avocado, smashed and seasoned with salt & pepper (63 calories) + about 1/3 of a cup of very soft cooked chicken thigh on top (47 calories).
6g Protein, some healthy avocado fats, tastes delish and is just the right volume to fill me up at 3 weeks post op. The cruskit kind of dissolves as you chew it, and the chicken thigh is soft enough to squeeze and pull apart, meat is taken from skin-on, bone-in, chicken marylands seasoned and cooked for 4-6 hours sous vide at 165F - the skins, juices and bones are then frozen and saved for the next batch of chicken stock I brew.