Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've Joined the Bandwagon!!!

This morning was my surgery! Everthing went well and I am feeling pretty good. I was in the hospital for about 8 hours because I had a few neausa spells so they wanted to keep me a little longer. I've sucessfully drank about 20 oz of liquids so far and no problems getting it down or keep it down. I feel like a big weight as just been lifted off my sholder. I know the road ahead isn't going be easy but I feel wonderful knowing that I am making a difference in my life!!!!!

Good luck to everyone banded today and in the future. You can all do it!! :clap2:

Hope your course goes well, I stayed overnite in the hospital but went home early next a.m. I am of course on the full liquid diet now and my surgeon advised me not to "think" this thing too much but just take it one day at a time. I too am a Louisiana girl!

Hi Sharon, I just signed up yesterday for this forum. Figured I would need to vent a little to people who know what it's really like. I am 55 also, and like you wish I would have done it a few years ago. Anyway, it's done. I was banded on the 29th and am 3 days post op. Did you ever cough after eating or drinking? That has happened to me a few times today and it sure does hurt at the port site, kind of burns when I cough. Just wondered if that's something you experienced or not.

Hi Sharon, I just signed up yesterday for this forum. Figured I would need to vent a little to people who know what it's really like. I am 55 also, and like you wish I would have done it a few years ago. Anyway, it's done. I was banded on the 29th and am 3 days post op. Did you ever cough after eating or drinking? That has happened to me a few times today and it sure does hurt at the port site, kind of burns when I cough. Just wondered if that's something you experienced or not.

I just got banded today, too, and it's in my post-op instructions to take several deep breaths and cough every hour! I have to admit, my coughs have been kind of wimpy. However, I've burped a couple of times and felt port pain then!

Congratulations, Victoria, and again, to Nessa! :clap2:

Victoria - Congrats to you. I have the breathing machine. Forgot what it is called? I have to take 10 deep breaths every two hours with it. That usually makes me cough and I do feel a lot of pain. I was told to grap a pillow and hug it when I am coughing. It does seem to help!

Victoria: Congratulations on your surgery! I do remember how difficult it was to cough and sometimes feeling the need to but being afraid it would hurt. After a few days it does get better.

I noticed you had your surgery in Shreveport. My husband and I were there the Saturday before my surgery for a day of Texas Holdum. He thought it would be a good way to keep my mind distracted from my upcoming surgery - - he was right.

My biggest regret is that I couldn't have done this YEARS ago. I too am 55. I feel better than I ever have in my life. People are stopping me in the halls to comment on how good I look (new hair, new clothes new body!) daily. My mini goal right now is eaching 169 by my birthday...which is....uh....tomorrow. If I can just squeeze another .2 pounds down and see those pretty numbers........ life is GOOD!

Kacee: You are such an inspiraton to me. Since we are the same age you give me hope that I will be able to reach my goals. Have a wonderful birthday!:clap2:

Me, too! We Boomers gotta stick together! :)