Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas pains after surgery

How long does the gas last? I'm taking Gas-X but wanted to find out more or less how much longer it'll last.

I am 5 days post-op and I am also having trouble with gas and cramping. I'm having difficulty getting much down because of the gas. Right now I'm finishing maybe 1/2 a Protein Shake and a bottle and a half of Water a day. Meeting the water and Protein goal is so hard! When does it get easier?

I am 5 days post-op and I am also having trouble with gas and cramping. I'm having difficulty getting much down because of the gas. Right now I'm finishing maybe 1/2 a Protein Shake and a bottle and a half of Water a day. Meeting the Water and Protein goal is so hard! When does it get easier?

It looks like we had surgery on the same day, April 25! I've been walking and eating Gas-X but wanted to know how long it lasts.

4 minutes ago, browneyez42 said:

It looks like we had surgery on the same day, April 25! I've been walking and eating Gas-X but wanted to know how long it lasts.

Yes we did! I'm trying to get up and walk every hour. I didn't know we can take Gas-X. Maybe I should try that as well. I have no energy and I'm assuming it's because I'm lacking nutrients.

Yes we did! I'm trying to get up and walk every hour. I didn't know we can take Gas-X. Maybe I should try that as well. I have no energy and I'm assuming it's because I'm lacking nutrients.

My doctor wrote a prescription for it and I didn't know the medical name was the same as Gas-X. I'm walking as often as I can.

I am 5 days post-op and I am also having trouble with gas and cramping. I'm having difficulty getting much down because of the gas. Right now I'm finishing maybe 1/2 a Protein Shake and a bottle and a half of Water a day. Meeting the water and Protein goal is so hard! When does it get easier?

Did you have gastric bypass or sleeve??

How long does the gas last? I'm taking Gas-X but wanted to find out more or less how much longer it'll last.

Did you have the bypass or sleeve

Sleeve

Sleeve

Thanks I had rny 4/24 and I’m completely terrified to take anything. I’m having issues getting 20oz of fluids in at all and I suppose to get 64 a day! I think it’s gas because I feel super full and bloated

I find the more I walk, the less gas I have. I am 3 days after surgery. I have literally walked every hour since surgery. Every time I walk I feel some gas leaving me. Can’t wait until it’s all out!

I find the more I walk, the less gas I have. I am 3 days after surgery. I have literally walked every hour since surgery. Every time I walk I feel some gas leaving me. Can’t wait until it’s all out!

Thanks I do this too my dr told me today I will be admitted back into the hospital on 5/3 if y intake does not increase

Its been rough with liquids, but each day gets better.

15 hours ago, 2cutekasey said:
22 hours ago, Nikki_Nik87 said:
I am 5 days post-op and I am also having trouble with gas and cramping. I'm having difficulty getting much down because of the gas. Right now I'm finishing maybe 1/2 a Protein Shake and a bottle and a half of Water a day. Meeting the Water and Protein goal is so hard! When does it get easier?

Did you have gastric bypass or sleeve??

I had the sleeve done.

15 hours ago, AngelaZ said:

The walking does help some. Yesterday I walked a lot more to try and alleviate the pressure, but may have over did it because this morning I woke up in a little more pain. I haven't been taking my pain med, but this morning I did.

19 hours ago, 2cutekasey said:

Thanks I had rny 4/24 and I’m completely terrified to take anything. I’m having issues getting 20oz of fluids in at all and I suppose to get 64 a day! I think it’s gas because I feel super full and bloated

Hmm, I had the sleeve done and I'm taking in about as much as you! I figured there would be more room for liquids than this. The Protein Shakes make me feel worse. It feels as if my stomach is up to my throat.

I'm hope your situation gets better so that you do not have to be re-admitted!