Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 8 post op update

Oh let's see, day 8...I'm feeling pretty good for the most part, I never had any nausea or vomiting. incision are healing great they're starting to get itchy. The protien intake is going terrible i just can't take the shake no matter how i prepare them. Yesterday i tried again ended up with a bloated upset belly most if the day. I've been adding protien powder to my broth and having some protien Water as much as i can tolerate. I haven't had a bowel movement yet the last one was the morning of my surgery however I've never been ' daily' regular more like 2x a week regular, i don't feel constipated or that i have to go just yet and pass gas regularly, I've also been taking milk of magnesia to 'help things along'. I'm finally able to lay on my right side for a short time which is great because it takes pressure of my back. I have fibromyalgia so this whole back sleeping thing has been miserable lol. I'm looking forward to stage 2 the puree! It will be a month since I've had food that isn't considered a liquid. I'm down 26 lbs from when i started the pre op diet on March 27th to now!

Sounds like you are doing fantastic... congrats on the 26lbs!!!! Please keep us updated -love to hear how things are progressing:)

6 hours ago, star2017 said:

Oh let's see, day 8...I'm feeling pretty good for the most part, I never had any nausea or vomiting. incision are healing great they're starting to get itchy. The protien intake is going terrible i just can't take the shake no matter how i prepare them. Yesterday i tried again ended up with a bloated upset belly most if the day. I've been adding protien powder to my broth and having some protien Water as much as i can tolerate. I haven't had a bowel movement yet the last one was the morning of my surgery however I've never been ' daily' regular more like 2x a week regular, i don't feel constipated or that i have to go just yet and pass gas regularly, I've also been taking milk of magnesia to 'help things along'. I'm finally able to lay on my right side for a short time which is great because it takes pressure of my back. I have fibromyalgia so this whole back sleeping thing has been miserable lol. I'm looking forward to stage 2 the puree! It will be a month since I've had food that isn't considered a liquid. I'm down 26 lbs from when i started the pre op diet on March 27th to now!

Amazing progress! I could not tolerate the shakes post open either until I came across a comment saying that premier caramel shake added to Decaf coffee was amazing, and it is! 5 months post open and it's the only way I drink it

Day 8 here too. I'm actually pretty surprised at how much I improve every day.

I've had trouble getting Protein but not because I can't tolerate it. I am just not interested. Eating and drinking to me have become secondary thoughts and something I HAVE to do.

I tried the clear Isopure, but it leaves a weird film in my mouth and I just can't tolerate it. If I need clear Proteins, I add to broth, use Unjury chicken flavor, or make Unjury Protein Jell-o. But, I was able to move on to full liquids. Was proud that I got 1 Premier Protein shake in today, even if it took over 3 hours to get 11 oz in. I pureed a banana and added it to a vanilla shake. It takes like an old fashioned banana milkshake to me and is very satisfying.

I agree that all the back sleeping is getting old. I still can't do side sleeping. It's not painful, but it kind of feels like my guts are shifting when I do. It might be imagined, but I just can't sleep that way yet.

You might want to ask your doctor about not having a BM in that long. Granted, we're on a liquid diet. But even liquids have some residue and need to come out.

1 hour ago, S@ssen@ch said:

Day 8 here too. I'm actually pretty surprised at how much I improve every day.

I've had trouble getting Protein but not because I can't tolerate it. I am just not interested. Eating and drinking to me have become secondary thoughts and something I HAVE to do.

I tried the clear Isopure, but it leaves a weird film in my mouth and I just can't tolerate it. If I need clear Proteins, I add to broth, use Unjury chicken flavor, or make Unjury Protein Jell-o. But, I was able to move on to full liquids. Was proud that I got 1 Premier Protein shake in today, even if it took over 3 hours to get 11 oz in. I pureed a banana and added it to a vanilla shake. It takes like an old fashioned banana milkshake to me and is very satisfying.

I agree that all the back sleeping is getting old. I still can't do side sleeping. It's not painful, but it kind of feels like my guts are shifting when I do. It might be imagined, but I just can't sleep that way yet.

You might want to ask your doctor about not having a BM in that long. Granted, we're on a liquid diet. But even liquids have some residue and need to come out.

I was approved today to drink sugar free hot cocoa as long as i put protien in it. I just haven't been able to reach my protien goal so hopefully this helps. When i side sleep i use a pillow to help support the side I'm sleeping on, yes it def feels like all your insides are shifting lol. I'm still on liquids i can't start the puree stage until the 25th. I'll have to ask about the bowl movement issue. When i was on the 14 day liquid diet pre surgery i only had 2 BM's during that time.