Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's days like these

That I wonder why I am doing this? LOL! Wake up, blood sugar is in the low 130s. How the hell is this possible when it was 98 before I went to bed!? Hey, I know the answer but it still doesn't make sense: body makes sugar at night. My pancreas and liver are at mortal combat with each other. My energy is really super duper low today ... I am ready for a tweet from Donald Trump to confirm my "low energy" so I can join the ranks of Ben Carson. Before anyone says anything, yes, I put down 48 oz of liquid this morning including the 8 oz of that foul product called Optifast. Yes, I took my Metformin. Yes, everything ran through me faster than 1 lap of the Indy 500. Yes, you missed the opportunity to see a fat man sprint for the white porcelain throne in a record 9.9. No, it wasn't pretty.

This sucks a$$! Please tell me it gets better than this, because if it don't, I've got my eye on the biggest pasture made for human beings that goes by the unlikely name of Old Country Buffet. More like Obsessive Compulsive Buffet because you can't leave until you get your money's worth. I mean heaven fore fend if you leave without sampling each and every desert as it would simply be a travesty.

Dude, deep breaths, eye on the prize. It gets better. Like @Creekimp13, I think the liquid diet pre and post op are THE hardest parts of the whole shebang she-bangs! And Optifast is worse than most! So you got a double down deal.

You're high cuz of dawn phenomenon. It will drop and be lowest this afternoon. Just keep drinking your fluids, walking/moving/ and drinking your Opti at scheduled times!!!

You're doing so good and only 1 more week!!! ((hugs))

Fu*k Old Country Buffet. Nothing tastes as good as being skinny enough to fu*k feels! :D hehe. Remember that one!

Hang in there @Mattymatt - it gets better, I can't promise immediate improvement, but it gets way better after these 'shitty' liquid stages.

Yeah, I am hanging in but only because I hate diabetes more than being overweight. I'm not gonna miss a chance to kick it to the curb.

Oh man...been there, Dude. It's hard. One day at a time is the best you can do.

My bestie calls Old Country Buffet "Old Crummy Barf-fay".

Hang in there, Mattymatt....you'll make it. Keep your eye on the prize.

Thanks @Creekimp13. Trying to see the humor in this as well. Got a dream to work for Norfolk Southern railroad. Always wanted to work for the railroad since I was a kid. The only way to make this possible is to drop a 100 pounds.

You'll get there, Matty, I'm sure of it:)

Hang in there bud. Fluffy is right. I think the two weeks prior to surgery were the worst. You're at humpday now so it'll start going by quicker. I know it seems an enternity right now but it's only a few more days. We're all pulling for you and wishing you the best.

Thanks guys! I'm just keeping my eyes on the prize.

I think @Creekimp13 (maybe? can't remember), put it into perspective. The liquid pre-op diet is like hell week or a right of passage. Like in SERE or Buds Week lol. It's tough as ****. It wants to make you tap out. It thrives to hear the bell! LOL. ROFLMAO. So don't do it, mkay? You've got bigger cahones than that and can make it!

@FluffyChix I'm not going to quit because I want this too badly. I spent six months of my life leading up to this point. It would be a shame to throw it all away,

And I'm still in it to win it. Late last week I was having a blue period, today starts a new week and I'm going to stay on target to the finish. My book is still being written, some chapters read as unbelievable, but it is My Book, don't care if it's a Best Seller, if it helps someone else, good. As the late Ricky Nelson " if you can't please everyone you'd better please yourself" and that's profound.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

As everyone has said, it does get better. Sounds like you don't like Optifast. Have you tried anything else? There are a lot more shakes out there that you can try. Also, can I ask what your A1C is? I was on Metformin up until the day before my surgery. My A1C was 6.5 at that time. I have not taken Metformin since surgery (or any other diabetic medication) and at three months post op my A1C is 5.3 which means my diabetes is resolved. So I hope that lifts you up a little to know the diabetes can resolve itself rather quickly after surgery with no medication to help it.