Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wieght loss after pregnancy

My son is almost 8mths old and im doing everything i can think of but im gaining. I was 217 when i discovered i was pregnant. 265 when i had him. 2 wks later 235 . And now back to 265. I have an appt. On the 6th to try and figure out whats going on but im so depressed. Its like no matter how hard i try i cant even maintain my wieght i just keep slowly gaining any advice? Maybe theres something im not doing ? Maybe ive forgotten something important please any advice is much welcomed i am desperate

This may not help much but walk. Either push in a stroller or put him in a backpack. Practice using his weight as a cute cuddly barbell, make him your exercise buddy. Have you cut,back,or eliminated Snacks, carbs and fast food? I know as a young frazzled mom it's easier to grab something quick. I'm probably, preaching to the choir but I'm now a obese 72 year old granny and i,know of what I speak. You don't want to be sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm having to,learn to be healthier myself. I have tried fad and structuralized diets, nothing kept,it off so,i' m facing surgery at this point in my life. I know you probably don't want to be preached at but please,learn by my example. I will probably end up with baggy saggy skin yet you will tone back,up at your age. Sorry I am going on and on but I wish I could have seen the future when I first started gaining weight.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my gastric bypass surgery in September 2012 and weighed 285-got as low as 145 at one point until I had my gallbladder out in 2014. I was 165 when I got pregnant. Went into labor 7 weeks early for reasons still unknown and weighed around 180. Before he was discharged from the nicu 11days, I was back to my pre pregnancy weight from stress and hiking up and down a parking garage 8 x a day. 3 months post baby, I was creeping back up to the mid 170s I just thought it was hormones bc I nursed for 6 months. I also struggled with ptsd for the struggles I had w the guilt of him coming early, struggles w nursing, balancing work, etc. He just turned 13 months and I feel like my metabolism has just shut down still at 178. I am also getting depressed and discouraged. I live in a rural area, and do not even have a gym that's reasonable within 45 min. My job is literally drivingfor 8-9 hrs a day so exercise is difficult to give time to when I don't see my little man. I feel like eating enough to nurse mayhave reprogrammed my pouch. I dk what to do

Some of this may be preachin to the choir but here goes. When you have the time, walk. Even if it's only to the fenceline walk. Take your little guy with you, the fresh air will do both of you good. If the weather is good enough take a blanket and toys along and,set him play outside with you.This time of the year we can get the house blahs, it's currently winter in Central Ohio and we have 4+ inches of snow. I have had 2 knee replacements, I'm not going out in the ice and snow, if I fall which knee do I sacrifice? Are you eating a balanced diet? As a mommy it's easy to let yourself go, grab something quick instead something good for you. And fast food is still out there, rearing its ugly head and singing its siren song " hey baby I'm over here EAT me". Are you getting enough fluids? Remember your kidneys are 1 of the body's cleaning systems. I wish I was back in the country, you miss things when you,live in town. You can watch spring and all the other seasons change around you. There's beauty in each of them. You're raising your little guy where the air is clean, there's room to stretch and grow. You'll be teaching him how to fish, ride a bike, ride a horse and before you know it " Mom I want to join 4H or be in the FAA and raise myself a steer" then he'll be exhibiting at the county fair and you'll be so proud. I resided 2 fine boys and1 girl. Time flies while you're living life. You gave him a fine start in life nursing but now your body is back to being your own. Do your best to stat lean and fit, it's easier to chase a toddler if you can keep up with him. I know you're a good mom but he deserves to have you around to watch him grow up. I hope my little pep talk has helped my v friend.

I grew up on a dairy farm, I show/still show cows all over the state and even national shows. When I made the decision to get the surgery, seeing my future kids grow up and live the life I was blessed with and my health was my driving force. The weather has made a complete 180 and spring is finally here. I've been strapping him to my back and hiking through the woods to collect sap and walking back through the field to fight through the snow to burn more calories.

Plenty of dairy farmers in my family, good people, salt of the earth. A little story from my family. My Uncle Clyde had a very nice Holstein herd. One day one of his heifers jumped the fence and decided to visit the Jersey bull a couple of fields away on the neighbor's farm. Well,you know how love is, it even hits the animal kingdom. Nature being what it is, when her calf, a beautiful daughter was born she was marked like an Aryshire but a little more petite like the Jersey side than her big rangy Holstein mama. When she grew up she had a smaller udder. So instead of getting specialized equipment for just her, he handmilked her and used her richer milk for the house. When I got married to late husband I informed him I could milk a cow. Didn't believe me,he had lived either in the country or suburbs, apparently Grandma and his aunts tried teaching him and gave it up as lost cause. One or 2 of his aunts and uncles were still milking when we married. Mentioned it one day to Aunt Louise one day hoping to embarrass me. Aunt said "Oh can she?" and off to the barn we went, washed cow's udders off,sat down on the stool and milked Bessie the cow out, filled my bucket up,turned to Mr Smartie and said " the next time you try embarrass me like that" because after seeing I knew what I was doing Aunt went back to the house " I will pour this bucket of warm milk on your head. Now carry it into your Aunt and ask her what she wants done with it!" Never quibbled with me on that subject again. I might have been town-raised but I had mucked a few barns, helped bale hay and was country inside, where it counted. [emoji14] And believe or not, when I was lactating myself I hand expressed milk out instead of using breast pumps etc. Didn't often leave bottles because I was usually with my babies usually but I could do it. Never hurt a cow so you know I didn't bruise myself either. Hey I have faith in you and I know you'll do good in your WL. Have a good day and hug little guy for me.