Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restarting my lapband journey

Over 100lb loss with band, no fill in years restarting goals.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. We need each other to help with this journey.
I finally found, qualified and scheduled a dr/ fill appt!!!
Took about 4 months...
Makes me feel like I am going somewhere
I need to just practice healthy habits....I AM trying this year!!

Yes. I had a complication with fills after 2 years, so I have only 1cc in band for about 5 years. So I have to push extra hard for any additional loss and the time is now for new goals. We can do it.

• Like 1

I only have 1 cc in a 4 cc band any time I try more than that I have problems. Just recently wen back on program and started exercising mostly walking and resistance band training.

Had gained 45 lbs but have lost 15 of that and doing well

• Like 2

HI you’re doing great 👍 can you tell me where can I find Optifast Protein Shake beside the medical clinics I live in New York thank you in advance good luck with the band .. I have been banded since 2011 and regained a lot long story but I can’t give up now specially with 3 babies they need me .

Edited by Lapandy
  • Like 1

Congrats on your new journey as well. I was back and forth with fills. Glad your back on track you can do it.

Sent from my SM-J727P using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 1

I believe you can order right of the website and have delivered to home. My friend has also gotten them from Amazon and ebay. Push, push , push. You got this. [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-J727P using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 1

I’m restarting the journey too! I had lapband five years ago and lost 120 pounds. I moved, saw a different bariatric physician and he removed FIVE cc’s from my band. All I had to do was think about food and I gained. So, after gaining back close to fifty pounds, I went back to see my lapband surgeon. He slowly got my band filled back to where I started losing again. I’m 15 pounds from my goal weight and am really struggling. I’ve got lots of stress and an emotional eater. I am asking for support, and will gladly return it. I’ve gotten my Leslie Sansone walking DVDs out and have exercised the last two days. I know that’s not much, but it’s a start. Thanks to anyone that read this long post :-)

• Like 2

I got my band in 2011. Initially lost about 35 lbs, then got busy with life and let it go. I'm now back to my starting weight. I can feel my band when I eat too fast, or 'dry' Protein, so I'm wondering if I should go in for a checkup and fill, or just try to eat right for awhile first. I haven't seen my bariatric dr for 6 years.

Over 100lb loss with band, no fill in years restarting goals.

Same here I lost 155 pounds and now, I pick here and there. After being so good for over two years I’m gaining little by little. Any help????

I know what you are all going through. Lost almost 90 pounds to begin with 10 years ago when initially banded. Kept down to 148 pounds for almost 8 years then started gaining 5 pounds, then 10 pounds and now I have to lose about 30-40 pounds and this website has given me the resolve to do it again. I am just totally cutting bread, pizza and all the dough products that I have been eating over the last 3 years. We can all do this, this is our Lifetime Fight to get this weight off and keep it off. Somehow I think if I was an alcoholic it would be easier to do stop that instead of this weight issue that I have been battling my whole life.

• Like 2

I had my band in 2009, did great for a number of years, starting round 2 this May, I just came back to the forum and posted a similar message. Still familiarizing myself with this version of the forum

Good luck.

• Like 1