Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery scheduled for 7 am. I'm scared. Not of the surgery, but of the change that's coming. I'm tired of being fat, but food has been my addiction for so long. I stop drinking, I stopped smoking , and now I'm loosing my last crutch. How will I cope with disappointments, anxiety, or When I'm having a good day and want to eat my favorite foods( all at the same time). What do I do with the emptiness?

You lean on friends. You replace one pleasant physical sensation with another one (I crutch on hot baths...I love them) You screw up a little....and get right back on board. You keep trying. You learn to journal. Maybe you go to therapy a little. You find other things that fulfill you and give you pleasure and release from anxiety. You try new things and challenge yourself to be open to new experiences. You learn to be kind to yourself, even when being kind is being accountable.

You keep trying:) And you Celebrate every little victory.

Best wishes on a safe effective procedure and a fast recovery:)

You can do this. Every epic journey starts with a leap of faith.

Thanks for the honest, heartfelt post.

You lean on friends. You replace one pleasant physical sensation with another one (I crutch on hot baths...I love them) You screw up a little....and get right back on board. You keep trying. You learn to journal. Maybe you go to therapy a little. You find other things that fulfill you and give you pleasure and release from anxiety. You try new things and challenge yourself to be open to new experiences. You learn to be kind to yourself, even when being kind is being accountable.
You keep trying:) And you Celebrate every little victory.
Best wishes on a safe effective procedure and a fast recovery:)
You can do this. Every epic journey starts with a leap of faith.
Thanks for the honest, heartfelt post.

Thank you for that . I screen shot your post so that I don't forget.