Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss 4 weeks post op

Hi everyone,

On Monday it will be 4 weeks since my sleeve surgery.

How much should I have lost by now?

I feel like any progress I am making is very slow.

Thank you

It seems to vary depending on how much you weigh and how much you lost pre-surgery. I started my pre-op diet at 240. I was 219 the day of surgery. Now, one month later, I am bouncing between 206, 207, and 208. So I've lost around 12 lbs in the first month. I imagine that it is more than some, less than others.

Are you hitting Protein and Water targets?

Girl talk about it.. And the closer you are to your ideal weight, the less you lose

The fatter you are, the quicker it comes off, in the beginning.

I was 344 at propdiet diet. 321 day of surgery and it's bounced down to 304, went up to 306, and it is now 305 and I have 2 days left before my 4 week post off

On Dec 26 ( my 2 week post op I was 307) so this tells you, how long I've been in "stall mode" and it's beginnign to make me think I will the one person bariatric sleeve doesnt work for. Just my eff in luck Bahaha lol

There is no reason we should lose so little this soon out

But the fact that you're so much smaller than I, "Over and over" and closer to yoru idea weight, you're doing good @ losing 12lbs in your first month, imo

Keep up the girl work

Sincerely,

Ms Depressed lol

Wanna hear the irontic thing? I've struggled with 2 years , from the high 300's to right about where Im at now, the just above 300's and I have never been able to get below 300..It's been about 16 years since I've been in the 200's and I am starting to think, it's physically impossble to get below 300. Maybe I have some crazy sickeness that my body rejects ever allowing my body to creep down to the 200's, no matter how much i starve myself or work out lol

Hey, how else do you explain this? Lol

See me in 6 months and say, Jo, were you able to ever get below 300 pounds?

Lol

I’m 4 weeks post op and down 17.7 lbs. This has been a stall week. I did the DS because I knew that I would have a hard time losing.

Girls that had the Sleeve the same time as my surgery are in the 20-30 lb loss the first month out. Goes to show the type of surgery didn’t help me lose that fast.

The advantages of losing slower is your skin has a little more time to bounce back. I’m sure I’ll still need help with extra skin after losing 100 lbs from my highest.

HW 270

CW 225.1

SW 242.8

GW 135

DS Surgery date -12-8-17

I’m 42 and 5’2”

I had surgery December 19, 2017 and I lost a bunch of weight really quick. I hit 30 lbs off in 2 weeks and now I feel like its slowing to almost plateau in week 3. I am trying not to get discouraged but its hard

I left the hospital weighing 297 and now I am 267 and its week 3 for me

That’s more than great! Not sure how that can be discouraging. You lost that in no time.

I have a friend who had surgery May 30 2017 & today down 114 pounds. If you expect to lose A bunch of weight in 3 to 4 weeks your expectations are way too high 10 15 20 even 30 pounds is amazing in that amount of time. Everybody’s different but if you follow the plan with your meals and drink your Water at the right times it will happen eventually.

3 hours ago, fastfoodaddictnomore said:

I’m 4 weeks post op and down 17.7 lbs. This has been a stall week. I did the DS because I knew that I would have a hard time losing.

Girls that had the Sleeve the same time as my surgery are in the 20-30 lb loss the first month out. Goes to show the type of surgery didn’t help me lose that fast.

The advantages of losing slower is your skin has a little more time to bounce back. I’m sure I’ll still need help with extra skin after losing 100 lbs from my highest.

HW 270

CW 225.1

SW 242.8

GW 135

DS Surgery date -12-8-17

I’m 42 and 5’2”

Well, you're not as overweight as I, so therefore your weight loss will or normally would be slower than someone as fat as me, soo good job on losing that 17 pounds. That's pretty good

But we're kinda in the same boat. This sucks..

Thanks for sharing this with me

2 hours ago, SEAHAWKS FAN! said:

I have a friend who had surgery May 30 2017 & today down 114 pounds. If you expect to lose A bunch of weight in 3 to 4 weeks your expectations are way too high 10 15 20 even 30 pounds is amazing in that amount of time. Everybody’s different but if you follow the plan with your meals and drink your Water at the right times it will happen eventually.

Thanks Superman or seahaws fan..

I've lost about 15 pounds or 16, but man, others are losing like 30 and I'm like

tearing up. Lol I heard that its supposed to be 15-30 first month, so I'm all like sniffling lol

The fact taht I've bounded around the same numbers for nearly 2 weeks and have gained even 2 pounds is what's scaring me.

How do you have the gastric sleeve and gain 2 pounds in week three .. They say Water what.. Yea, okay Lol

Thanks sweet guy.. Hugs

I had mine on 12/15/17 and at my appointment on 12/26 I had lost 22.4 lbs.. i will say it was easier to follow the diet than I thought through the holidays. I have my next appointment on the 23rd and just hope it continues to go in the right direction. The mush diet I'm on til then doesn't tend to sit to well though, mashed potatoes seem to sit way to long even at 2 ounces.

2 hours ago, Toomanytacos said:

Thanks Superman or seahaws fan..

I've lost about 15 pounds or 16, but man, others are losing like 30 and I'm like

tearing up. Lol I heard that its supposed to be 15-30 first month, so I'm all like sniffling lol

The fact taht I've bounded around the same numbers for nearly 2 weeks and have gained even 2 pounds is what's scaring me.

How do you have the gastric sleeve and gain 2 pounds in week three .. They say Water what.. Yea, okay Lol

Thanks sweet guy.. Hugs

If your still on the post op diet then just be patient. If your not are you eating solid foods? Do you stop drinking water 30 minutes before meals & until 30 minutes after your meals? Are you consuming liquid calories? Are you walking at least 3 times a week or exercising? Your meals should amount to 1/2 a cup of solid healthy choices no more than 2 hours after waking then every 3 hours through the day & your last meal/snack should be eaten 2 hours before bed. Now at 3 weeks I would imagine your still on some kind of liquid or purée diet. At 3 or 4 weeks out of surgery you really shouldn’t even be concerned with your weight but focused on getting in your Water & protein.

Girl talk about it.. And the closer you are to your ideal weight, the less you lose
I was 344 at propdiet diet. 321 day of surgery and it's bounced down to 304, went up to 306, and it is now 305 and I have 2 days left before my 4 week post off
On Dec 26 ( my 2 week post op I was 307) so this tells you, how long I've been in "stall mode" and it's beginnign to make me think I will the one person bariatric sleeve doesnt work for. Just my eff in luck Bahaha lol
But the fact that you're so much smaller than I, "Over and over" and closer to yoru idea weight, you're doing good @ losing 12lbs in your first month, imo
Keep up the girl work
Sincerely,
Ms Depressed lol
Wanna hear the irontic thing? I've struggled with 2 years , from the high 300's to right about where Im at now, the just above 300's and I have never been able to get below 300..It's been about 16 years since I've been in the 200's and I am starting to think, it's physically impossble to get below 300. Maybe I have some crazy sickeness that my body rejects ever allowing my body to creep down to the 200's, no matter how much i starve myself or work out lol
Lol

I know that's frustrating but it's pretty normal to stall in weeks 2-4 as your body adjusts to your new plan. Don't worry about 1 or 2 lb. fluctuations. Your overall trend over time is what will matter in the end. If you're also on ObesityHelp, search for 2 week stall and you'll see the many others who've been through it. My program said they're going to start telling people this before surgery just because they get so many calls on it. You'll get below 300. Just stick to the plan and wait it out.

38 minutes ago, AZLoser said:

I know that's frustrating but it's pretty normal to stall in weeks 2-4 as your body adjusts to your new plan. Don't worry about 1 or 2 lb. fluctuations. Your overall trend over time is what will matter in the end. If you're also on ObesityHelp, search for 2 week stall and you'll see the many others who've been through it. My program said they're going to start telling people this before surgery just because they get so many calls on it. You'll get below 300. Just stick to the plan and wait it out.

Thank you soo much for that website. And I will be checking it out. Thank you for your encouragement

Im Joanna, nice to meet you

Keep up the girl work
Sincerely,
Ms Depressed lol
Lol

You are going to get into the 200's and into the 100's....these stalls mess with your head. Keep the course! You got this!
I am only 9 weeks out and I had 1 stall lasted 2 weeks and another stall lasted 6 days... frustrating as hell! What's scarier is when the scale goes up one or two pounds!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

Girl/ guy, YESSSSS on the scale went up. My scale went up like 2-3 pounds and I was like, WTH lol

How do you GAIN weight after gastric sleeve and less than a month out, hilarious

If anyone could beat the odds of gastric sleeve working for them, it would be me. ROFL

I love it

Thanks so much

Thank you