Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling and Regretting

I have had a horrible time with this surgery and feel like I've made a huge mistake by having it done. The GERD has been sooo bad that I hate eating and sometimes drinking Fluid. I am having an aversion to milk based Protein drinks. I have H. pylori and need to take these horrible tasting antibiotics and can't keep them down! I wish I could just swallow the capsules and call it a day. I've already had to get IV fluids once and I know that my body is wasting away and not in a healthy way because I can't get my Vitamins and Protein in. I just don't even know what to do anymore. I'm so depressed that I don't even want to get out of bed because of the thought of having to eat and drink. (Yes, I'm on antidepressants). I feel like I'm failing big time. The reason I wanted this surgery was to get healthy and I feel like I'm less healthy now. Am I alone in this? I can't give up or it will seriously harm me. I want to enjoy my life and not live with regret and pain everyday.

1 hour ago, LighteningUpLiron said:

Am I alone in this?

You are not the first to say this but you are part of a minority.

You should take your concerns and worries straight to the Weight Loss Surgeon and/or his/her Clinic and/or his/her nutritionist/dietitian.

Someone should help you ASAP at your clinic or surgical centre.

One of the conditions that several people encounter is the fact that they had a preexisting Helicobacter pylori infection prior to surgery and didn't know it. After surgery, this condition causes many of the symptoms that you are experiencing and you must kill that infection or you will suffer. Sometimes this condition is not easy to kill. It may take several rounds of antibiotic treatment and different regiments to end it. So stay strong and don't give up the hope, just kill the bug.

I just wanted to say I'm really sorry you're hurting and that I'm sending good thoughts. Sure hope you feel better soon.

Ok. I know your struggle with the meds for the h pylori, I had to take them for 14 days just prior to surgery. And I was sensitive to one of them - made my ears ring horribly and metallic taste and dark urine, so I completely understand. I had to take the pills with a sip of milk, or try Peanut Butter. I crush my Vitamin and put it in the peanut butter. (Prior to surgery I could down a handful of supplements like no tomorrow.) You state that you have an aversion to milk based shakes? Or is it the sweetness or thickness of them? I had to switch to ready-made Isopure clear Protein Drinks after surgery and cut in half w crystal light raspberry lemonade. How about Soups? Make a Soup with Bone Broth - 8gr Protein per cup, add some finely diced chicken thigh and some white Beans, garlic, etc. That will be liquid and protein.

Keep in touch.

so sorry for your issues, I am three weeks out and am having a hard meeting the goals, Protein, Water, etc....and am due back to work soon... Yikes....keep going strong, talk to the doctor........you will get thru this, I promise

Dang girl! Call your doc stat! ((hugs)) So sorry you're struggling. It's hard to see the rainbow at the end of the dark valley, when you're stuck in the middle of the darkness. Keep blinders on. Don't look too far to the future. Concentrate on today--the now. Concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other. Concentrate on being hopeful that the next hour will improve.

Control the things you can. Get up. Shower. Open the drapes/blinds. Go outside. Take 3 deep breaths. Move. Walk. Sip water...sip, sip, sip. Take 3 deep breaths. Concentrate that each breath brings healing and strength.

Toss out the sweet Protein. Use the cream Soups and soups you put into a blender and thin with high protein milk, or almond/coconut milk, etc. Add unsweetened Protein Powder to them. Force yourself to put food and protein down your piehole. Use vegan protein powders if necessary. You can do this!!! Take that damn medicine and get rid of the h. Pylori! We're prayin for you! You CAN do this. Give it 3 months and when you look back, this will still be the best decision of your life!!!