Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inspirations!

I just love to see pics of everyone and their families/significant others so I thought I would start a thread to let everyone show us what inspries you. I mean, I know we all want to lose the weight to get healthy and have longer lives or to regain our self-confidence but what is it, underneath the health issues and vanity that truly inspires you? What makes you keep going everytime you start to feel down or feel like you are going to fail?. Or what keeps you from giving up and heading down the old path of head hunger and complacity with your life?

I know that my true inspiration and the final reason I made the decision to have this done is my daughter. And not so much because I want to stick around long enough to see her grow into a beautiful woman but moreso because it broke my heart to hear her start every request with "Momma, are you too tired to...". The thought of missing out on all the great things that a mother can share with her daughter was depressing. And that was coupled with the idea that my precious girl would suffer vicariously because of my weight whether it be from comments by her peers or just the idea that hers was the one momma who couldn't chaperone the trip to the zoo or coach the softball team.

And my hope is that in the end, my success will have inspired and taught her the benefits of what working hard, eating right, exercising and having a healthy lifestyle can bring. My hope is that this little girl won't ever have to know what it feels like to have a life half lived.

And so I sit here looking at the picture of my dear daughter and my loving husband and I thank them for inspiring me to what I needed to do to live my life fully, for them and with them.

Thanks for letting me share them with you.

post-204181-13813131570889_thumb.jpg

post-204181-13813131573077_thumb.jpg

Melissa, I love that you started this thread. I will see what I can do about posting photos of my "inspirations" when I get home tonight.

Also-WOW...what a gorgeous family you have! Just beautiful!

The thought of missing out on all the great things that a mother can share with her daughter was depressing. And that was coupled with the idea that my precious girl would suffer vicariously because of my weight whether it be from comments by her peers or just the idea that hers was the one momma who couldn't chaperone the trip to the zoo or coach the softball team.

This is exactly what inspired me to have the surgery... my kids, my husband.

I already have MORE energy to do things like play basketball in the driveway with my 9yr old, bounce my kids on the trampoline, and the BIGGEST thing for me was when we went to the mountains in November, I was actually able to walk up a very steep and long road with my husband and kids, with the altitude and incline I wouldve NEVER been able to do this before.

I commend YOU and ALL the other brave souls that had ENOUGH and decided that it was time to do something about it.

Regret happens later if you dont so something about it NOW!

Oh, and your family is beautiful!!!!!

Well I thought I would share my inspirations as well.. Jessica (first 2 pics) is 19 months old. Shes just so much fun and I want to be able to do fun things with her later on when shes older.

Haley(pics 3 and 4) is my step-daughter but I love her as if she were my own. Same goes with her. She is 5 and is in kindergardin and I want to be able to do the fun things kids her age love to do as well..

Last pic is of me and my husband. That pic we were just being a goof and it makes my face look skinny. I really like that pic even though my husband was pretending that big smile- I hardly have any pics with him showing teeth while smiling :) So there they are..

post-204274-13813131575308_thumb.jpg

post-204274-13813131575476_thumb.jpg

post-204274-13813131575734_thumb.jpg

post-204274-13813131575989_thumb.jpg

post-204274-13813131576267_thumb.jpg

Well, I certainly can't think of any better reasons! You need to post those pics on your frig. for encouragement against those binges. Boy, wonder if sending those to the insurance company with your banding requests would get them in gear a little faster. "A picture's worth a thousand words!"

Ok...here are my inspirations:

My 2 wonderful handsome sons. This pic was taken almost 2 years ago-they were all spiffed up for the prom.

My wonderful beautiful sister who I wouldn't have gotten banded without her. She's the brave one that did the research and got her band last summer.

Tammy-you have the most beautiful eyes!!

Thank you everyone for sharing their "inspirations".

post-204242-13813131576823_thumb.jpg

post-204242-138131315782_thumb.jpg

I love it!! Everyone has such beautiful families!! Seeing pics like these puts everything in perspective and I agree with Marie, I would certainly think twice about cheating if I have a picture of my daughter and DH. It's easy to forget what angels they are when you are mad or stressed or tired but the pictures capture everything that we love about them.

Congratulations to us all!!:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

I am newly banded so this is a great way to get to see everyone and their inspirations! I am posting a picture of my hubby, daughter and myself at halloween. I think that it is an inspiration because even though I haven't had a very positive self image lately, it still reflects how much we love each other!

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_7534190/Becca/halloween+2004.....pre-op.jpg?bcLKA5BBk60Z5IU_