Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rapid Wt. Loss at Week 5, Metabolism changes!

Thought my pouch wasn’t working Post-Op. Seriously thought of calling my surgeon, but alas the patience is paying off. My pouch does work. Here’s the breakdown week1-week 5 post op rny.

(242lbs highest wt. and surg day was 227lbs after liquid diet (started using NO SODIUM BROTHS & it flew off then)

Week 1-2 no hunger.

Week 3 felt hunger again but it was satisfied very easily with tiny portions of Puréeds(1/4 cup).

Week 4 had a little more hunger and needed more to satisfy at times 1/4-1/2 cup Puréeds.

On week 5 (mech soft diet starting now) & not hungry at all again. Forgotten to eat 3 times already, so this week is different. The weights FLYING off about a pound a day now. (Initially I lost 6 lbs the day I was discharged from hosp, but...

NOTHNG ELSE LOST week 1 or week 2:(

Week 3 lost 3 lbs.

Week 4 lost 4 lbs.

At my 1 month post op visit I’de lost 13 lbs post op, but lost 27lbs total with preop liquid diet included. (Ok ok ok so not bad afterall...)

Week 5 lost 6 lbs

I’m losing at about pound per day now. So my body is letting go of weight finally at a much faster pace. It’s crazy how it wouldn’t move AT ALL week 1-2!

Just starting week 6 at still about a pound per day loss still so far..

Total lost now: 33 lbs w/ Preop included.

Crazy how my body/ metabolism was so slow to engage in wt loss. Prob due to needing to see if I was starving or if I would still give my body Protein & nourishment & when it saw I was eating foods again (albeit in much smaller portions) but it started letting go then.

Curious what others post op wk by wk breakdown looks like & if this is typical..?

Edited by RNY-Fall-2017

2 weeks pre op diet - 12.4

1. - 9.7
2. - 4.4
3. - 5.7
4. - 4.4
5. - 4.2
6. - 2.6
7. - 0.4
8. - 5.7
9. - 4.9
10. - 1.8

That is my 2 weeks pre op and first 10 weeks post op. i'm now 36 weeks post op and have lost a total of 101lbs, starting at 255.

6 minutes ago, Meryline said:

2 weeks pre op diet - 12.4

1. - 9.7
2. - 4.4
3. - 5.7
4. - 4.4
5. - 4.2
6. - 2.6
7. - 0.4
8. - 5.7
9. - 4.9
10. - 1.8

That is my 2 weeks pre op and first 10 weeks post op. i'm now 36 weeks post op and have lost a total of 101lbs, starting at 255.

Your doing phenomenal! Wow girl, what an AWESOME job! It’s def not easy after this surgery but when the weight starts coming off reasonably well & we can start to have confidence in our surgery working, it soon becomes the best decision ever. I’m feeling that confidence finally now & Im so glad! Yaay happy for you & me too! :) hugs! Jennifer

I came out of hospital 12lbs heavier than when I went it! Once my body shifted all the Fluid it started shedding weight. Had a stall at about 3 weeks then week 7 I was rushed to hospital with sepsis and kidney stones. Over the next 4 weeks I had 3 kidney surgeries with pain killers. That meant very little weight-loss lots of fluid and terrible Constipation eventually requiring a full enema. Now that's all sorted I've started losing again. RNY Aug 10th 17. Pre-surgery I was 367lbs I don't have the weekly breakdown. CW 257lbs so a loss of 110lbs in 15 weeks. Even with the bumps in the road I'm really happy.

Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/24/2017 at 9:49 AM, GwennyPenny said:

I came out of hospital 12lbs heavier than when I went it! Once my body shifted all the Fluid it started shedding weight. Had a stall at about 3 weeks then week 7 I was rushed to hospital with sepsis and kidney stones. Over the next 4 weeks I had 3 kidney surgeries with pain killers. That meant very little weight-loss lots of Fluid and terrible Constipation eventually requiring a full enema. Now that's all sorted I've started losing again. RNY Aug 10th 17. Pre-surgery I was 367lbs I don't have the weekly breakdown. CW 257lbs so a loss of 110lbs in 15 weeks. Even with the bumps in the road I'm really happy.

Oh my goodness! That’s awful what you’ve been through and I’m so sorry! I’m glad your on the mend with your kidneys & the sepsis is gone! Wow how scary!!

Re: the weight loss- that’s gotta be the BEST WEIGHT LOSS in 15 weeks ever! I can hardly believe it!! That’s truly amazing. You deserve it after that!

I hope that’s the last of your complications though. I’ll follow you & watch your progress! Stay well! Hugs! Jennifer 💕

10 hours ago, blondie66 said:

I came home the same weight I was pre-op and then started losing weight at about 10 pounds a month at the beginning more came off.

10 lbs a month is awesome, I’de be happy with that. I only lost 13 lbs the first month post op (not including preop Fluid diet). I’ve read 10 lbs a month give it take is great. I hope I can maintain that too! Great work!!!💕Hugs, Jennifer

Oh my goodness! That’s awful what you’ve been through and I’m so sorry! I’m glad your on the mend with your kidneys & the sepsis is gone! Wow how scary!!
Re: the weight loss- that’s gotta be the BEST WEIGHT LOSS in 15 weeks ever! I can hardly believe it!! That’s truly amazing. You deserve it after that!
I hope that’s the last of your complications though. I’ll follow you & watch your progress! Stay well! Hugs! Jennifer

Thank you for your lovely words! I am feeling so much better now that the surgeries are over. I have been really excited about the weight-loss. The last time I was this weight I was 19. Good luck on your journey. I'll watch your progress too we can encourage each other. Take care Jennifer and thanks again

On 11/22/2017 at 6:45 AM, RNY-Fall-2017 said:

Thought my pouch wasn’t working Post-Op. Seriously thought of calling my surgeon, but alas the patience is paying off. My pouch does work. Here’s the breakdown week1-week 5 post op rny.

(242lbs highest wt. and surg day was 227lbs after liquid diet (started using NO SODIUM BROTHS & it flew off then)

Week 1-2 no hunger.

Week 3 felt hunger again but it was satisfied very easily with tiny portions of Puréeds(1/4 cup).

Week 4 had a little more hunger and needed more to satisfy at times 1/4-1/2 cup Puréeds.

On week 5 (mech soft diet starting now) & not hungry at all again. Forgotten to eat 3 times already, so this week is different. The weights FLYING off about a pound a day now. (Initially I lost 6 lbs the day I was discharged from hosp, but...

NOTHNG ELSE LOST week 1 or week 2:(

Week 3 lost 3 lbs.

Week 4 lost 4 lbs.

At my 1 month post op visit I’de lost 13 lbs post op, but lost 27lbs total with preop liquid diet included. (Ok ok ok so not bad afterall...)

Week 5 lost 6 lbs

I’m losing at about pound per day now. So my body is letting go of weight finally at a much faster pace. It’s crazy how it wouldn’t move AT ALL week 1-2!

Just starting week 6 at still about a pound per day loss still so far..

Total lost now: 33 lbs w/ Preop included.

Crazy how my body/ metabolism was so slow to engage in wt loss. Prob due to needing to see if I was starving or if I would still give my body Protein & nourishment & when it saw I was eating foods again (albeit in much smaller portions) but it started letting go then.

Curious what others post op wk by wk breakdown looks like & if this is typical..?

I had my RNY on 10/30 and my surgery weight was 330.5.. i lost 15 lbs the first 2/12 weeks home and now i have been stalled for like 10 days... hoping it moves soon!!! you sound just like me !

On 11/26/2017 at 6:37 PM, RobinJoy said:

I had my RNY on 10/30 and my surgery weight was 330.5.. i lost 15 lbs the first 2/12 weeks home and now i have been stalled for like 10 days... hoping it moves soon!!! you sound just like me !

That’s So frustrating!! Those stalls do something to us mentally & it’s so hard to remember we’ll start losing again soon, but it WILL come off! 😃

For me it didn’t want to come off til I started eating actual food again. Your about 4 wks our so prob just getting into that now..? I bet you’ll start seeing it come off pretty quickly here anytime!! I’m interested in how you do! I’m so excited for you!!!!! Congrats on making it this far!! Yaay! Hugs!👌🏼💕 Jennifer

On 11/26/2017 at 8:26 AM, GwennyPenny said:

Thank you for your lovely words! I am feeling so much better now that the surgeries are over. I have been really excited about the weight-loss. The last time I was this weight I was 19. Good luck on your journey. I'll watch your progress too we can encourage each other. Take care Jennifer and thanks again emoji179.png

Look at YOU!!!!! Wow those pics say it all!!! That’s so awesome!!! You must be so over the moon, that’s the most AMAZING change in 15 weeks ever girl!! Yaaay!!! I’m so happy for you!!

I can only HOPE to get down to what I was at 19- that was the best time of my life, & I was so active. I got married at 19 actually, & I think I was about 150-155lbs & I’m about 5’8.5” to 5’9”. So was pretty thin! We’ll see though, truly Ide be happy at 170 though! Seriously!

Heres me before my surgery and me now at 6 weeks post op. I think I see a difference but it’s hard when you see yourself daily...I hate that! But I def see it in everyone else’s pics!!😜

4CA57EB8-5082-41CC-A0B6-53752672D7A3.thumb.jpeg.7e36b95d1386a6a5e9d9357ca00058c8.jpeg

Edited by RNY-Fall-2017

On 11/26/2017 at 10:16 AM, lindabalseca said:

IMG_5770.JPGmy progress so far

You look amazing!!! Look at that!! I’m so happy for you & that progress!!! Yaay!!! I love seeing these pics!!!! Makes me feel so hopefully, happy & motivated!!👏🏼👏🏼😃 hugs💕 Jennifer!