Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really need some support and help

I had the sleeve procedure in June 2014. I was 315 at my max weight. I was 274 the day of my procedure I got down to 175 at my lowest. And I felt like I looked so good and felt amazing about myself. I have been gaining weight over the last few years and I’m feeling so down. I currently weigh 208 I decided to meet my nutritionist today that I used to work with before and after the surgery. She’s putting me back on phase IV. Lean Proteins and veggies. I got so bad eating carbs and drinking diet soda... the worst things to do. I am starting tomorrow she put me on this for 2 weeks and she told me to weigh myself tomorrow and then I’m 2 weeks. And not weight myself until

The 2 week mark. I need some positive advice from anyone who can help me or anyone who has experienced this. I’m s sad that I let myself go... I feel so depressed my clothes are getting tight and some of my stuff doesn’t even fit anymore. I got to a size 10 and some 8’s now I’m back in a size 12. I hope that I can post some good results on my two week mark I really want to get back down to where I was and even lower but if I can at least get back to where I was at 175 I will be so happy and proud of myself.

I'm not much help as I'm not even 8 months out, but take a look in the veterans forum. There should be people there who can help you out.

I know how you feel! And I've come back here to find some support and motivation. I'm an Aussie so not great at comparing pounds to kg's. I am 30 yrs old and was 109kg at my biggest (I'm a little shorty), 101kgs at surgery on 27 April 2015.

I lost the weight really easily and didn't excercise throughout the weight loss (Bad habit to develope). I got down to 69.8kg at my very best. Since then I have crept up to 74.5. I feel so unfit in myself and as I had a lot of loose skin, I never looked good naked. Now I just feel the same as I did before the surgery. I have developed really bad food habits. I eat biscuits and chocolate and chips and I know I definitely don't eat enough vegetables.

I still generally don't actually get hungry very often. But I now really struggle with reflux. I was on pariet for a couple of years but really wanted to get off it so no longer take it. And I find I get really acidly if I don't eat for quite a while. So I just eat anything and everything to tide over the reflux.

So, on the positive, and why I'm here, I'm really keen to get healthier and fitter and back down on the scales (65kg is my goal). I like the idea of lean Protein and veggies (refined carbs really do make the reflux worse so I don't really eat much bread).

I need some Breakfast motivation. I'm not a sweet tooth in the morning (generally not really hungry at all). Do you have any good breakfast ideas?

sorry I can't be much help, other than then you're not alone!

This is the time to put the focus on you. This is something you can do, you did it before. It may sound cliché but put your big person pants on and do this for you, and for your physical and mental health. If you truly want this you have to focus on what you want and go and get it. Those who have not walked this road think it is easy, we all know the truth. I think you can do this, the big question is do you believe you can?

I am almost 3 weeks out and literally nothing about this is easy for me. The liquid diet has been awful and even though I was advanced to soft foods it is easier, but not easy. It's still a matter of will power. Going back to lean Protein and vegetables will be hard for the first couple of days and then it will get better and you need to start moving. Just walking will help you so much and even if the scale isn't moving, it will help you lose inches and get back into those smaller clothes! You CAN do this and I hope you know that.

12 hours ago, Erica517 said:

I had the sleeve procedure in June 2014. I was 315 at my max weight. I was 274 the day of my procedure I got down to 175 at my lowest. And I felt like I looked so good and felt amazing about myself. I have been gaining weight over the last few years and I’m feeling so down. I currently weigh 208 I decided to meet my nutritionist today that I used to work with before and after the surgery. She’s putting me back on phase IV. Lean Proteins and veggies. I got so bad eating carbs and drinking diet soda... the worst things to do. I am starting tomorrow she put me on this for 2 weeks and she told me to weigh myself tomorrow and then I’m 2 weeks. And not weight myself until

The 2 week mark. I need some positive advice from anyone who can help me or anyone who has experienced this. I’m s sad that I let myself go... I feel so depressed my clothes are getting tight and some of my stuff doesn’t even fit anymore. I got to a size 10 and some 8’s now I’m back in a size 12. I hope that I can post some good results on my two week mark I really want to get back down to where I was and even lower but if I can at least get back to where I was at 175 I will be so happy and proud of myself.

We have the same surgery time period! June 2nd 2014 for me. I have gained and working my weight back down.

Guilt and shame over weight gain are unproductive and useless emotions. Don't let yourself wallow in the negative head space. Get up and fight for this! Make this the year you will be healthier, stronger, brave and fierce!

Some things to try:

Once you eat carbs and sugar you will crave them more. Time to detox off carbs. (get them out of the house) Acknowledge your triggers that take you back to bad habits : Could be depression, emotional/stress eating or boredom.

Get back to basics. 80-100 grams Protein. Drink plenty Water hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! (if you're not doing this already) Be sure to log your food. (food logging apps makes it easy)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/android

Yes, even if you have to force yourself. Get out and walk or find some activity for exercise. It's winter. Treadmill in your home, workout videos, walk a mall or gym.

Keep busy and find things to distract yourself from food.

Bariatric pal has a great holiday weight loss challenge. Join us to keep motivated.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/405183-holiday-challenge-time-lets-do-this/

Me now

IMG_1650.JPG

Erica...a perspective moment.

There are a hell of a lot of us who would love to look as good as you do now.

I'd love to be a size 12. Hell, who am I kidding...I was gaga giddy over getting into a 16.

I get that YOU have to be happy with your weight...etc. etc. etc.

I also get that maintenance is tough.

But yeah...wow...compared to the vast majority of the people on this board, you've got nothing to complain about.

You've got a bump in the road....not a tragedy.

All drama aside...you've got this.

Me now
IMG_1650.thumb.JPG.121cbacbb374bc070927b75c0e9a9a4d.JPG

You look like a car model. You seem to be in great shape still. Get your mindset in beast mode! You will be back on track in no time. Have you heard Carrie Underwood’s song, “Champion,” with Ludacris (sp?)? That song will keep the fire going. [emoji91]