Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four months out

Tomorrow is my 4-month surgeversary, and since I usually don't do technology on Saturdays, I thought I'd write my update today.

Here's what I can now do that I couldn't right after surgery:

-Go out to eat and have grilled salmon

-Stop the post-surgery Prilosec

-Actually feel hunger

-Wean myself off of sugar substitutes

-Eat cooked fruit & veggies

-Cook more complex dishes for myself

-Eat some salad.

Here's what's different from before my surgery:

-All of my old clothes are way too big, so I have some new ones

-I was able to buy dress boots in a regular shoe store, not in a plus-size or wide-calf specialty place

-I can try on clothes in a store that are too big and have to go down a size

-I can see a tattoo on my hip that I hadn't been able to see easily for awhile

-I had to readjust the seat in my car because now I can get closer to the steering wheel if I want to

-I can sit more comfortably in the armchairs in my PTs office

Here's what I'm currently struggling with:

-I am incredibly happy to be losing weight fairly rapidly at this point, but I'm a little freaked out as I approach the 100lb loss mark. Why? Because I still have a lot more to go. And because it's weird to think about losing so much weight in less than a year.

-I find myself worrying about calories even though I almost never top 900, and get in all my Protein. I can too easily slip into the mindset of trying to eat fewer and fewer calories, which in the past has led to a deprivation/binging cycle. I don't want to do that anymore.

Glad to know about the progress and the good changes you have made. I’m happy for ya! Congrats and about the struggle .. well I guess life can’t always be perfect but your body won’t give up on you, don’t give up on your body.

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Oops, it's actually only three months out, on the fourth... but I can't figure out how to edit!!

Congratulations on your success. I'm 6 months out and it's slower to come off now but still losing, 290 HW, 250 SW, 177 CW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! I remember all of those exciting things the first post-op year! :) My favorite was being able to cross one leg over the other when sitting in a chair. I had never been able to do that before, and it made me feel so feminine and "normal".

Congratulations on all your successes! Keep being mindful of them and it will keep you positive and motivated. ❤️